Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy 250 inline 6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pontiacfreak, Mar 28, 2011.

1. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

starting my project on motor but already had a wall I have hit. I need a 250 chevy inline 6 crank. Needs to be forged. Anyone know a maker that makes a forged crank for one. thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

Chevy put steel cranks in 292s the first few years. Kinda long stroke to fit into the 250 block.

Why do you need a forged crank for your 250?

3. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

im building a boosted 250 and plan to run 10-15 lbs of boost. Found forged rods and pistons. Im just leary about running stock crank. I guess if they made a 292 crank in forge might be worth hassle to make it work.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://t6racing.org/ He is also on the stovebolt board. He will either be able to get one or know where to find them or have a solution.

I agree though, go to the stovebolt board and there is a wealth of six cylinder info and knowledge. Link if you don't have it http://www.stovebolt.com/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

5. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

thanks called few people today and from what they told me i should be ok with factory crank for 10-15lbs of boost. Thanks for the help

6. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

the 292 forged cranks are 6 counterweight, i believe. i have one in a 292 i have. i don't think it would have worked in the 250 block though. seems like i thought one of the smaller engines had a forged crank for 1 year too, gusee i was wrong.