Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy 250 carb/linkage replacement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Apr 4, 2013.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

Okay, here's my problem... my Rochester 2b is leaking through the throttle shafts, it leaks gas in other places too. I need to replace it... in addition the throttle linkage is bent, I have bent it back, but it is tempered at this point and is just getting worse... it will bend out of shape and cause the throttle to stick wide open... not good or safe...

Does anyone have pictures of their chevy inline 6 (preferably a 250) with a new 2 barrel carb and new linkage setup? I am looking at possibly getting a 2 barrel weber 32/36 or a carter, etc. How do you like them? Do you have any problems with them? What would you do differently if you had a chance? I don't have the scratch for a dual carb setup, so this is primarily for a single carb that I am looking for to use with an adapter on my stock intake.

Please post pictures or links so I can do further research, I have been doing it for over a week and I can't find what I am looking for. Thanks!

2. 1959apache

1959apache

bump for the morning crowd