Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chevy 235 pushrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StefanS, Jan 14, 2021.

1. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I tried to search before asking this but I couldn't find anything...
    So I had my jack handle cheater bar leaning against my tool chest with my '55 235 on the engine stand next to it. Just inside the engine stand leg I have the valve cover upside down with the rocker assembly inside of it, the pushrod cover over the opening, a square plate on top of the pushrod cover with the pushrods in the correct order on it. The handle fell over, hitting either the valve cover or the pushrods/plate (I'm going to make sure the pushrods aren't bent with the glass test). Two of the pushrods fell off knto the garage floor. My question is, do they NEED to go back in the same order they came out in or am I good as long as they're not bent? This is a super low mileage motor with absolutely zero wear on the cam lobes or lifters so I really don't want to replace anything

2. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

They do not. It is not like keeping the cam and lifters in the same order. Bob

3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You´ll be fine , just make sure they are straight and clean-I´ve been using used pushrods on fresh engines for years. Don´t sweat it. I do try to get them back to their particular lifter/rocker if possible. But it´s the lifters that need to stay with their lobes.

Bob Lowry likes this.
  4. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Alright thanks fellas. I appreciate it

Baumi likes this.