Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy 10 bolt vs 12 bolt parking brake cables

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Terry, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Little Terry

Little Terry

Are the drum end fittings the same on a 12 bolt as on a 10 bolt please?

I am trying to work out which cables i need to hook up the 12 bolt rear in my '41 chevy to the stock hand brake lever!

Any pics or drawings etc would be a big help if you dont mind.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark.

2. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

I swapped out a 10bolt for a 12bolt for a 67 camaro and it was all the same. Are the shoes and drums the same size? Im pretty sure they are the same. if they are different you could prob. just swap the parking brake swing arm thingy.

3. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

now that i think about it i did it on my old mans 68 chevelle too. with his i pulled out the c-clips and unbolted the whole drum assemble. installed the new rear end and reinstalled the old brakes back on. i didt it so i wouldnt have to disassemble the brakes other then the lines. hope this helps.

4. Little Terry

Little Terry

Thanks FL.

I don't have a 10 bolt to compare with my 12 bolt, but it seems that i have found someone with a set of 10 bolt cables that i will buy if they will fit.

I want to get it right as i dont have time to get it wrong - 4 weeks to the drags and i need to get my truck finished and mot'd!

5. Same brakes, unless it's an Impala 12 bolt.

6. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

10 and 12 bolt Chevrolet passenger car brake hardware is all the same (except for Impala). As for truck 10 and 12 bolt, I am unsure.

7. Little Terry

Little Terry

I think i have a truck 12 bolt. It has a 3.73:1 diff....

8. merf

merf
    from new joisey

The Lokar cables work real nice, just put them in my daughter's 48 F3 with a nine inch.