Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chev's of the 40's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wicked50, Jun 21, 2009.

1. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

100% satisfied with the quality of their products, customer support and service. Always get my parts on time. Good folks to do business with.

2. Good parts but stay away from the glass. I bought a set of headlight buckets, they had no flange in them to mount the sealed beam bucket to.
    I sent them back after we mounted them, but because we drilled them out , they charged me 30% restocking fee. They never should have sold them without the flange, nor was it noted in their catalog.I had to pay the shipping both way's. PS: the staff is very polite.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Good store would recommend anytime. Bought toooo much from them but thats my fault.

4. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

great bunch of people. very helpful and never had any complaints with the quality of their product.

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I buy from them quite often. No complaints here

6. banditomerc

banditomerc

good people to deal with,returns are not a problem.very satisfied.

7. big-vin

big-vin

have bought a bunch of parts from them from gas tank to new emblems always very helpfull cust service is great too had a problem with broken sending unit about a month after i got it opened up box and it was in two pieces called them up had a new one in the mail that day no charge very happy 2 thumbs up

8. aaggie

aaggie

I have bought about $3k worth of stuff from them and their sister business and have had nothing but good service. They have been out of stock on a few items but ship it as soon as they can.

Their catalog is handy reference for assembly pics too.

9. I have ordered from them several times, and plan to continue as I need whatever they have available for my '47 chevy coupe. Service and product has been good.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I ordered a Unity Spotlight from Chevs of the 40s once and they sent me a new style spotlight which was nothing like the one shown in their catalog. I called them up to complain and the guy tried to say it was the right spotlight. To make a long story short, I have never ordered from them again. After all Chevs of the 40s isn't the only place to get parts.

11. rtomss

rtomss

They're good, but check out National Chevy Association....they rock!

12. My problem is that I have a 1940 coupe.
    There's no shortage of 39 or 41 part's but the transition year of 40, well that's a problem. Thank's for the heads up. Joe

13. Bought some tools from them - I recomend them & will buy from them again.

14. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Good people to deal with, I've bought quite a bit from them and am going to buy more pretty soon, they usually do a same day ship, Carter ships when they feel like it and car and truck wants to take your name and call you back, usually too late to ship that day, I refuse to deal with them.

15. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Bought a radiator for my '50. Fast shipping and a nice product.

16. historynw

historynw

I've bought a boat load of stuff from them, they are helpful on the phone too. I tend to use a couple of other vendors also so far all have treated me right.

17. :mad: I'm still waiting for my refund, it's been 3 week's now.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  18. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

19. I want to order some stuff from them but they only ship UPS which is the kiss of death when shipping to Canada.

$100 of shipping on a $400 order. :mad:

I don't blame Chev's of the 40's they were very up front with the shipping it's just UPS rips Canadians off when bringing something across the boarder.

Trying to figure out some other way to make this work as they are the only ones I can find with a windshield frame for a '37 Chev truck.

20. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

ALWAYS great to work with. just exchanged stuff I bought 10 years ago and didnt' use--can't beat that service!

21. T Fritz

T Fritz

Very good. No problems. Use them often.

Fritz

22. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

Good company have purchased several things form them. Never had a problem.

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I drive down and pick up parts from them. They allways exceed my needs. Verry good counter help, a ton of parts know how. Top shelf service. 5 stars for sure.

24. I havent purchased anything from them because the part i needed is on what seems permanent back order. The guy i spoke to gave me the phone number of thier transmission guy in hopes of getting the part i needed without trying to be amiddleman sticking his companies hand in my pocket but rather helping me to get my truck on the road. Also he gave me a second number to try who also had what i needed but 5 times the price. I hate supply and demand.

Chevs of the 40's deffinatly gets my approval not that it makes much of a deal.

25. toolman1967

toolman1967

I have ordered from them several times, No problems here.:)