Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chevrolet manuals source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j-jock, Oct 11, 2017.

1. If you are working on an older Chevy, and run into a problem where the solution might be found in an old manual, this is the place to look. I just found the site today, and was blown away by the amount of information that is available.
    Bob
    http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/index.htm

squirrel likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

it's been there for a while, lots of neat stuff. Pre 1960.

3. Thanks! That's a good one to bookmark... Lots of great information and interesting reading. :cool:

And don't forget the GM Heritage Center website. There's downloadable Vehicle Information Kits back to 1913 for Chevrolet cars.

https://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

4. Just guess I'm old....or maybe it was that I received a 6 inch factory Studebaker manual with my first high school ride Studebaker truck....love thumbing rather than clicking.......plus you can make notes in them !

5. squirrel

squirrel

I have several old Chevy books, but sometimes I just do the clicking thing instead of getting them out....and it's faster to link to an online page, than to scan and upload a page from my paper books, when someone asks a question.

j-jock likes this.
  6. I have a Chevy parts manual the ends at the 1963 model year. It was ratty when I saved it in 1967, and every time I attempt to use it, the pages get looser and looser. I found the 1958 version of this manual on the site, and it will save me from having a nervous breakdown.
    I wish there was a way I could stabilize this book, but bookbinding seems to be a lost art.

stillrunners and squirrel like this.
  7. yep....know what you mean about the pages.....last one's from an old school bus at a salvage yard were an early Corvette manual along with some Corvette goodies and a big Chevy truck parts book from about 1955 up to 1978.....

j-jock likes this.