Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chesepeake AACA Swap Meet worth the trip?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rld14, Mar 9, 2012.

1. rld14

rld14

Been thinking about going to this but it's a 3-4 hour ride...

Is this worth the trip?

2. It's one of our rites of Spring down here. Helps to get things going. I've found good stuff for my project every year, get to see old friends and meet new ones. don't know if I'd drive 4 hours to a swap meet, but it's almost 2 hours to Carlisle. This isn't as big.
    Weather to be sunny and in the upper 40's.
    RB

3. rld14

rld14

Yes!

I figured wtf, I'm up for a road trip anyways. Drove down last night, crashed at a hotel, went this morning and I found more stuff worth looking at than I would at 2 Englishtowns. Wait, that's not fair to the MD Swap meet :)

Snagged some cool stuff for the Ford, including a nice horn ring and a WORKING clock. I'm stoked. And I got to take old smokey on an over 400 mile trip.

Plus I just stopped in Delaware for cheap(er) smokes.

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It was cold as usual but well worth it to me. A flea market is only as good as the parts that you find. I really wasn't looking for anything but I found the top part of a bubble ballancer for 10 bucks. It costs me that much in gas to go to my buddies house to use his. Then I found 4 40s era flipper hubcaps that I got for 50 bucks!!!!. I lost 2 of mine the last time I drove my truck. These are not the usual finds for this meet but they were there today! I'm very pleased. This meet has gotten much bigger in the last few years.