Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Cherry Mechanic,I'm back.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Badger3, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Badger3

Badger3

Hello again,after changing oil and spark plus on 235,old plugs had a lot of carbon and where R46.put R45S back in,engine doesn't smoke as bad as before ,but still white smoke when idling.Not able to drive on road to blow out carbon that built up on engine.white smoke mean what please,question on what to do next.Going to put this engine in my 1938 1.5,in other post my compression was around 105 average and 90 on no.6.Could trade fishing privileges for engine work,in western NC,French Broad River!!Ha Ha.

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. southcross2631

southcross2631

Could have a rusted head gasket and could be sucking coolant into a cylinder. Warm it up and slowly pour a can of Seafoam down the carb until it chokes out, let it set for about 15 minutes then crank it up and watch the carbon come out the tailpipe. Just don't do it inside.

3. indyjps

indyjps

4. Badger3

Badger3

Hello,Br

5. Badger3

Badger3

Hello,I think it's oil and not as much as in videos,glad you responded,thanks.not sure if I already posted this.

6. Oil is usually blue, white is usually steam.
    Could be condensation in the pipes.

7. Badger3

Badger3

Hello,being new to this never herd of Seafoam,looked it up on internet,will try this,because after all my engine isn't smoking that much,was hard for me to see from driver seat.

Attached Files:

8. Badger3

Badger3

Thanks for all the feedback,will make video of engine and it's small smoking problem and will smell smoke this time. Think Positive and keep trying.Nice to have people,thanks again.