Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheers To The Start Of Something Great (Hopefully)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madmal04, Apr 29, 2009.

1. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

I finished welding and grinding the holes a few weekends ago... well kinda! Some turned out ok, but I've gotta practice on the holes more. Here's where I left off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was the best one.... LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's pictures what my boyfriend, his friend, and I did this last weekend. Took the engine out and the steering column and gear box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. skunx1964

skunx1964

if i tried to put a motor in one of them it would tip over and smash my foot, just my luck. be careful, lol...

3. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

Looking good! Its great to see your making progress!

4. displacedokie

displacedokie
    from oklahoma

have you decicded on a color yet

5. Best use I've ever seen for a wheelbarrow. looks like you got plenty of holes to practice on :)

6. skoh73

skoh73

Cool '49. Looking forward to watching the build!

7. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

looking good so far....

8. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

I've always been jealous of anyone that can fit inside the
    engine compartment with the hood on.

Great work, What's next?

Jeff

9. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I'll bet your HOC love's you!

10. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

GREEN AND BLACK! Haha... I think I'm just going to do the exact opposite of my Jeep! =]

11. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Haha... yeah... he can fit almost anywhere LOL. I wish I had more pictures of some of the crazy positions he gets in haha!!!

I think next is pulling the tranny and suspension and working on those 3 things (eng, trans and susp).

12. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but what is HOC???

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Looks good to me . Will get better as you go . If you can get behind the hold , get a piece of copper to put behind the hole while you weld . Won't stick to the copper .

Can I make a safety comment , DON'T let the bottle sit there with no support from tipping over ! :eek:

14. btmatt

btmatt

As retro Jim noted, Please secure your welding bottle next time. You really do not want to see what happens when it tips and the top gets knocked off.

15. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Yeah, that's a good idea. I never thought of that. I'll have to find some way to do that. Thanks for thinking of my safety!

16. skunx1964

skunx1964

i thought the same thing...

17. 73RR

73RR

Home Owners Committee aka HOA (Association)

18. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Thanks 73RR. Seems most residential neighborhoods have them nowadays and old cars are typically viewed as 'eye sores'. Especially, project cars that can be viewed from the street.
    Fortunately for me, the one guy that always griped moved away and I haven't had any problems since. Although, any cars viewed from the street have to have current tags and must be able to run (that's according to the city).

19. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

My neighborhood is pretty cool. Never had any problems with anyone. The neighbors to the left are always working on their vehicle as well, and the neighbors to the right are really cool. And the people across the way and down a little do like a mechanical business thing out of their house... So no complaints! Plus, every one is already used to it because the work on the Jeep seems to never end! And on the weekends I always wait until like 8 or 9 to do the loud things. All is good in this hood! =D

20. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Ok everyone! I'm back. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Things around here are very hectic. Soooo much stuff going on and DEFINITELY not enough time! I just thought I'd let you all know that I FINALLY got my Shoebox registered. Yeah, it only took 5 months LOL. But hey, it's done. Now I gotta find the time and energy to start tinkering with it here and there.

21. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Glad to hear you got it registered.
    Some people wait to do that last and end up waiting 5 months
    with a running, road ready project. At least when you are done
    building you don't have to wait to drive it.

Jeff

22. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Yeah, well Friday we found out... it's STILL not freakin registered!!! They sent us a paper telling us that we need the title from the Nebraska DMV LOL. That's the whole reason we took the car down to the CHP station because we had to start a new title since the Nebraska DMV doesn't have it. Ughhhhhh... I'm so done dealing with it! Not the car... just the registration!

23. skoh73

skoh73

Sounds familiar. I got my '53 last summer way up in Minnesota, the title was signed over to me, everything was cool. I couldn't register it because I was out of a job and what little money I did have had to go elsewhere.

Fast forward to this spring. Got a great job, good dough, and ready to title her- could not find the title ANYWHERE!!! After screwing around with WI and MN DMV forever, I finally tracked down the elderly owner who had since moved (my brother is a cop and looked him up) and he had to apply for a duplicate title, sign it over (again) and I finally got it registered two weeks ago. Sheesh.

I swear the DMV ends up causing law abiding citizens more problems than they prevent "evildoers" from committing crimes.

Hope you get it taken care of soon!

24. Big Tony

Big Tony

Nothing cooler than a gal welding and working on cars with her friends... can't wait to see updates and good luck with the DMV...we all know you will need it

25. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Could you have him track down the Browns for me LOL. We tried to send them a letter, but it came back. They either moved or passed away. Not quite sure???

26. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

That's good, most neighbors are good. We tend to forget that. Thanks for the good news, pass it around!

27. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Took the words right out of my mouth!:D You Rock! Keep up the work and get er done. Or get him done???? Is your car a girl or a boy??? Anyways it's looks like you're on the right track.