Register now to get rid of these ads!

Checking in for the first time.....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by razoo lew, Apr 12, 2017.

1. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

I have been a more than occasional lurker for a few years, finally pulled the trigger and joined the fracas. This is a pretty cool venue; lots of interesting stuff and a bunch of information. And more than that, a lot of folks willing to share a lot of knowledge. Wish you all lived closer. Well, maybe not everybody…..

I have liked all things automotive form the time I started buying Rod and Custom at about age 12 in the early sixties. Bought the books and dreamed about the cars I would have when I got a few bucks. Life went on, kept buying the books – had a few interesting cars, but mostly pretty practical stuff, not anything real fun.

Got swept up into the work hard and get rich thing for a lot of years. Probably overdid the work hard part of it and really didn’t get all that rich in the process. Funny how that works out. Anyway, I still kept buying the books and never really lost the interest in having a cool car.

So after a crapload of trips around the sun with life staying directly in the path to me having that car that was in the books, the day came when I didn’t have to go to work anymore. Hot damn! Other than the fact that I was a whole bunch older, things were looking up.

I recently picked up a 46 Monarch coupe - a Canadian thing; a fancy Ford or a cheaper Merc depending on how you care to look at it. Bought it in pieces as a stalled project from an older guy with a pretty sad story. Really glad to have it, but I wish I would have got it before him; I never would have taken it apart. I probably would have washed it and drove it a bunch while I figured out what to do with it. I want to build this car something like the way I would have done it in high school if I would have had the resources (you know that I mean money) to do it. I didn’t then, I do now.

Looking forward to it. And here I am. Glad to be here and I likely won’t cause any trouble.

Thx, Lee

PS: and when I get the site figured out a bit more I have to send @porknbeaner a message. Was reading on here once that he wanted to talk to everyone in the world before he was done and I don’t think that he got to me yet.

2. Welcome. Great intro! Enjoy your HAMBtime...................'beaner will get to you eventually.:D......Don.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  3. HiHelix

HiHelix

Hi Dee HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. Your story sounds like you've been reading my mail. I've always had fun spending money on interesting cars but his time I hope I'm spending on something that doesn't drop in value like a stone. That's the theory, anyway. :cool:

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Those Monarchs are sweet cars, just enough different styling to make them worth chasing. Anything Canadian is a bit elusive down here.

That getting rich deal doesn't come from hard work, it comes from getting everyone else to work hard for you. But there is an upside to being the one who makes someone else rich, you can always sleep with a good conscience. ;)

I'll watch for your PM. let me know if there is anything I can do for ya.

lothiandon1940 and razoo lew like this.
  6. See, 'beaner got to you already.:D;)

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  7. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Yeah, he's on it. I was in awe.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Hello and Welcome to The H.A.M.B. Enjoy Your Ride!!!!!

razoo lew and lothiandon1940 like this.