Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check This Obvious Commie Fuel Pump Forgery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lewislynn, Nov 26, 2007.

1. lewislynn

lewislynn

2. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Until something is done at a political, government level we are screwed. The average american just doesn't give a shit who suffers (our economy) as long as they get it cheap. This is just the beginning. "We haven't seen nothing yet."

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Tell me about it:( I spent a good portion of the last 3 or 4 years trying to stop the import of cheap Chineese clones that infrenge on Walbro patents and trademarks. The Chineese have no respect for US laws. It costs Walbro hundreds of thousands of dollars to try to defend its market and who knows how much lost profits. Believe me it not just fuel pumps it most if not all automotive products.
    Buyer beware was never more important than it is today. This is why I buy from first rate automotive suppliers (like NAPA) that screen their suppliers for cheap counterfiet goods.

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

With everything that's coming up shit in China, this might be the absolute perfect time for Walbro and fuel pump here to send that e-mail and all their information to the media...60-minutes, 20/20, etc. The American public is really starting to get pissed off with all the crap the Chinese have been caught doing lately, and this might get some media attention. At that point, the lethargic government over here will be forced to do something about it.
    It's a starting point.

-Brad

5. FuelFC

FuelFC

Sad to say it is worse than many of you think or even want to know. My business revolves around parts mainly in heavy truck and equipment. Some scary items to ponder.
    Brake shoes and pads as well the foundations. Self explainitory.
    Tires counterfit. Michelins down to the little guy copied on em.
    Filters. Collapsing and opening up causing engine damage.
    Hardware. Breaking.
    Wiring. Causing fires.
    Slack adjusters just breaking. Ahh who needs brakes!

This little problem is much larger than what you read in the papers.

Know your supply chain and know who you are buying from.

A side note. We are trying to make one of our in-house products out of 100% USA parts. Try that one for a challenge. We are 99% there but we can only get our raw material for one part from Europe. I will settle for that I guess as they will allow me to see the factory and actually send me a vendor certification with a "real" TUV stamp on it not a photocopy from the local Blinko's (trademark I am sure pending) or whatever they call it in Shuewing Dong Province.

Oh I could go on....

6. FuelFC

FuelFC

BTW we are trying to buy only on-shore (we allowed for Mexico, US and Canada) for X-mas in the house. Think about it is not easy. We figure if we send, some car parts, beef, pork, chicken, gift cards and booze we're good. Not too sure about a bottle of Crown for the toddler but what the hell do they do with a gift card?

7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Now the question is, did the REAL Fuel Pump post this??? Or just someone logged on in China posing as Fuel Pump. :)

8. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Screening is the only way to stop this ,at the moment.. I wonder how may of us have got carboard brake pads ,at the moment??

9. FuelFC

FuelFC

You sure you want to know? Last check at fleet I was at we pulled out clutch discs and shoes. We found both lead and asbestos in some of the failed product. Both banned since early 80's in US for use in cars and trucks. Most of the failures in replacement parts of those we sampled were from shall we say "outside" the EU and North American supply chain. Ogh and warrnty coverage? HA non-existant!

10. As long as the large US companies out source their manufacturing to the East and continue to pay off Congress (lobbiest) nothing will change. The high and mighty only care about how much money they can make, not where it's made or how cheaply. Thats how it gets started. The next thing is lead paint on kids toys, oh yeah we got that already.

The Chinese won't invade us they will poison and kill us with their inferior products. The buy whats left with the profits of their ill-gotten gain.

11. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Only my wife knows for sure :D :D :D :D :D :D

12. It's all greed!! Their's and ours. We as a country want it all for pennies, they are willing to make junk for pennies, we buy the junk. I have paid big money for Made in the USA but I only have to do it once, I have bought overseas junk for less but by the time I'm finished replacing it three or four times I've spent the same or more. Not to mention the safety factor. If I can help it I will always try to buy American. Look out or you could get screwed to death, and not in the good way.