Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out my wifes new car!!! WITH PICS NOW!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kikinrods, May 6, 2008.

1. Well i finally found a car for my wife she turns 25 this next week so she can finally be on my Grundy ins policy. I looked at several cars and was real tempted to buy buzzards wife's 58 chevy, but that car is so sweet it would be hard to change it up to make it my own. Something about driving a car and people knowing who you bought it from. But anyway!!!

I have been looking for a little while now for a car and looked real hard at the roundup. Never thought i would hear myself say man that is a nice car i would buy it if it was a 4dr. Man i have never felt like throwing up on my self more then i did when that thought went through my head. IF you don't know my wife is pregnent and for her to be able to put a kid in the back seat it would have to be a 4dr.

SO here is what i bought a 1937 ford fordor sedan PERFECT. I love the look of a 37 and can't be the ease of suicide doors to get a kid in right. well that is my thinking we will se how it goes. But anyways it is kind of ugly right now but they all have to start somewere right. What is so great about the car is the frame hasn't been butcherd up with late model suspension it still has the straight axle with split bones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Give me some ideas what you would do with it color motor etc it has a stock 350/350 in it know but that could change. remember my wife is driving this car and she loves to race but i don't need anything wicked fast. will upload pics after lunch
    Brant

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Pics!!!!!!!!! Why can't I see any? Sounds cool though.

3. Where's the photo? HRP

4. Weasel

Weasel

Words of wisdom?? Let her choose the color - it's her car. You can drop subtle hints though...

5. Is lunch over yet?

CBB

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

Yeah pics. Good to see you found a car. Nothing wrong with going with the ease of getting kids in and out of a 4 door.

I sold my 54 4 door and I do miss the convienence. I thought about a T 2 seater but I decided I didn't always want to leave the kids at home.

7. Rusty

Rusty

That is neet ,now slam it and put some steelies on it Hey Congrats on the upcoming new family addition

Rusty

8. Pfordor has a killer '39 Fordor.

When it's time to go to dinner or just cruise, everyone makes a mad dash for that Fordor. They are hard to beat for useful, affordable fun.

JH

Attached Files:

9. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

10. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Hi....I am also building a 37 4 door for my wife....I have a ton of extra 37 stuff....Been collecting stuff forever...let me know if you need anything....is it a slant or hump back?....I also have some coupe stuff left over from my 37 club coupe....call me at Borgeson....good luck....BC

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put some good seat belts in it to hold mom and the youngster in tight.

12. BTW that is not my house in the back ground that is the guy i bought it from
    Brant

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

What do you mean "Kinda ugly right now"? You must have high standards!

Looks good from here, but if you hafta change the color, let your wife pick. Take her out to car shows and see what happens....

14. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks for the pix. Nice ride - she's a lucky lady - but first thing, get rid of those wheels. Smoothies caps 'n rings would help make it more HAMB friendly. Street rod turn signals need to go and so do headlamp lens. You could replace the lens with correct pattern and put in the TS kit in the headlamp buckets. Just my $0.02

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I can't believe you posted a pic without shitcanning those wheels first! ;) Hahaha!

Start there.

Find out what color she wants. Or paint the bottom gray or the top the candy red so it's all one color.

My wife is pregnant too. I was hoping to have our 4 door done this summer, but I don't think it will happen.

16. very nice-i like it

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I agree - a wheel/tire change would do wonders.

Congrats on the car purchase and baby on the way...

Malcolm

18. Ditch the street rod headlights, front turn signals, wheels, & exhaust tips. Make it one color. I'd extend the top color on down & paint some '40 steelies in '46 Ford Maroon or Black... I'd probably have to flip a coin to decide on wheel color.

Then mount some new blackwall 'Stones & see if/how the stance needs to be adjusted.

Nice car. Real nice start.

JH

19. bigken

bigken

Change tires/wheels, loose the front signals, add seatbelts, drive the hell out of it. I like the 2-tone. Very nice 'mommy-wagon'.

20. Nice ride Brant. Change the tires and wheels, and get it a little lower. Worry about the rest of the stuff as she gets to know the car.

And congrats on the soon to be kiddo.

21. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I am with bigken on the two tone, think it looks good. I think a little lower on the suspension, some different wheels, and fiddle with a couple of details and it will be near perfect.

One of the details might be to put the turn indicator lights under the bumper instead of over it. They would still work as intended, but be less obvious othrewise.

Neat car, excellent family ride.

22. told you it was ugly when i said that i meant the wheels. i think lowerd 4 to 6 inches all the way around nice black paint maybe satin. steelie wheels and 39 ford side trim. ditch the bumpers but briz bumpers and of course the turn signals. but that would be in a perfect world were you don't have bugets and have plenty of money HA HA
    Brant

23. The car definitely needs to be lowered, but remember: nothin' against your bride, but most women pull all the way up in a parking spot 'till something hits the curb. I'd rather it be the tires then a grille chin. Food for thought.

24. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Very nice Brant...lower it, change the wheels and let her drive the heck out of it!

25. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

White with gold scallops maybe? Kidding!

Glad ya'll found a car that she likes. It has a ton of potential and she can drive it while ya'll make tweaks to make it "hers". Sounds like the perfect situation. Congrats on the upcoming addition as well!

26. Mullda

Mullda

Looks great, Brant! Your wife should be pleased with that one. Nice choice.

Denny

27. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I wish my wife was turning 25 :) :) :)
    Dave
    ps: looks good brant hope it gets ya some

28. pecker head

pecker head

Nice score ! Congrats - DADDY-O !

29. thanks guys for the congrats makes me fill like family OK OK enough of that sappy crap. I think it has great potential what i like about it is she likes the body style that was the hardest thing to do was find a 4dr that she liked. And you all now if she likes it and its for her you can spend money on it with a LITTLE bit LESS grief HA HA.
    Brant

30. Grunion

Grunion

here is one I have been workin on maybe it will help with ideas.

[​IMG]