Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out my new 57 barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomkat, May 10, 2011.

1. tomkat

tomkat
    from new jersey

Check out todays new barn find. Its been sitting in a dry garage for 22 years. I had to jump on it. I don't know If I'll ever get to her. Ill research what's in her. She has a v8 and a manual trans. Everythings their except the drivers door. She pretty solid but has some rot in the typical places. The motor turns over. Ill change the oil, slap in a new battery, and clean up the points to see if it will run. I may flip her

Attached Files:

2. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

wow - please tell me this wasn't stashed somewhere in NJ

3. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Well kiss my ass.........I never find '57 Chevys like that , did ya get a deal on it?:D

4. Great find, it would have been me if not you. A 57 2dr in red, cann't get any better. Lite up those tubes.

Last edited: May 10, 2011

5. I LOVE IT!!!!

A 210 post was my first car.

JH

6. Tony

Tony

7. tomkat

tomkat
    from new jersey

The 57 was a mile from my house in South Jersey. I never get that lucky. I usually end up on the short end of the stick. I worked with a guy in Philly back in 2006. The guy ends up moving a few towns over from my house and calls me out of the blue about this garage loaded with car parts and tools. He has a cleaning business and ends up cleaning up this ladys house for the last year that is loaded with good tools and my 57. He was scrapping starters, carbs and trannies when I got their. Their is hundreds of ford parts ( dizzies, ignition and filters. brake parts, you name it) from I don't know what that are being thrown out. I am trying to get the tools but I may have sit back and wait till the tools get picked over. Theirs a complete wood shop. The guy was a auto mechanic and had some great tools. I scored a power steering cylinder from a 50 something front end that I have to idenify. I got a cealed shop exhaust fan along with some other supplies.

8. cool find!
    looks like an early 70's motor

9. bryan6902

bryan6902

Wow, it certainly has a nice side and then there's the other side..... Looks easy enough to fix. Did it come with a title??

10. tomkat

tomkat
    from new jersey

good title. the bad side has the fender. its pretty straight foward to bring up to snuff. the drivers side door looks like it got caught rolling backwards. The rust repair is not real bad.