Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out my new 56 ford Kustom!!! (PICS)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatty mcguire, Jan 31, 2008.

1. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

here it is, i just picked this up a couple weeks ago, its a 56 ford Victoria, nosed, decked, shaved, 60 Chrysler tail lights, 55 de soto grill frenched antennas, laker pods, steel cruiser skirts, dumy spots, pearl white paint, 390fe/c6 trans 9in rear, 64 t bird bucket seats , like all cars if you didnt build it yourself there are gonna be a few things you would do differently, but i can deal with it... for now i wanna put wide whites in the back, lower the back a little more, change the carpet, shifter and the steering wheel.

what you guys think, what you think of the grill, an other suggestion, i thought about getting a meteor grill for it like a kustom knight crown vic used to have b4 it got in an accident

some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. customcafe

customcafe
    from TEXAS

Do you know who built that car? It is really nicely done. Interesting work, looks real sweet!

J

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Very kool...glad to see you passed on the 58. That means i still may have a chance!! :)

I'd live the car alone myself esp the grill....Alot of nice kustom touches.

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

looks really nice,,,,,taillights look excellent,,where did you find the car??
    not crazy about the painted on side trim (graphics),,
    but thats just my opinion,,

6. Front kinda resembles my buddy Jacks...

[​IMG]

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Not bad...not bad...

I'm not real crazy about the "side trim"...I'd change that...and maybe that's part of your plan...

As for the grille, a tube grille would fit better...or maybe the bigger DeSoto teeth...or maybe just "refloat" that one...it looks low to me from the pix...

As for the taillights...I like them...are you planning any metal work...??? If so, I would pull the outside metal up to the top of the fender, make it come to a point, like (and above) the taillights, instead of being "squared off " like it is now...and the skirts look good.

That's my 13 cents worth...

R-

8. Here's the back...

[​IMG]

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Bob...no chicks????

10. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That is a good looking custom. Is it a new build or an old car still around? The painted "trim" is a little different but it doesn't bother me! :cool:

11. My take,
    Never liked painted '57 Caddy caps. The side graphics gotta go. The rear taillights are hard to swallow,but are different and so could be a signature for that car. With some adjustments,could really be bitchin...

12. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

ya, thats one of things i had to deal with the painted side trim, not the worst iv seen tho, i like it better than air brushed graphics to look like the stock side trim, but im not gonna touch it.

I bought it from kevin danny if you know him, he didnt build the car tho, he lives in lodi but the car was in a garage in Rutherford, so like 10 minutes away from my house and well in my price range.

The lens in the pics are 61? caddys, the car was built to have 60 chryslers so when i install the new len's itll look alot better, he just threw the caddys in since he couldnt find the chrysler or when he did they were ridiculous money

13. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Looks great! If you decide to put on the new grill, let me know. That one might look nice on my 52.

Great looking car :D

14. L.A.-Bar

L.A.-Bar
    from Lforida

Way back in the late '50s and they day of hot rod shows held at car dealerships, your's would be in that cherished spot - the showroom!

15. Sorry,not this time...

16. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

I think the car looks pretty cool. The grill looks like crap and would look better in my 53 chevy.LOL

17. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Heres a pic of the kustom crown i was talking about with the meteor grill

[​IMG]

18. myoldcrap

myoldcrap

Nice Ride I like it!

19. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

That is sick!!! I love it!

20. uncleo

uncleo

Hey Buddy- Greetings from Long Branch,NJ.,Americas first seashore resort and 7 time U.S. summer capital....car looks great....heres hoping you can cruise on down the Parkway to L.B. and join us for our 14th annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show at the boardwalk on June 15th -also West End Cruise Night July 12th features Kenny Vance and the Planetones in a free outdoor concert,and Cruise Night 2 on August 16th features Felix Cavalieres'Rascals in concert under the stars.
    Used to go out with a girl who lived in Montclair,gee does that bring back memories.
    Lee

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Good score..very east coast style i would leave it alone till you find out who what and why...my.02

22. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Nice ride, leave it alone except for the little details you mentioned unless you are looking to redo and repaint everything but then the car would be different again. Idunno? Kool car though.

23. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I love white customs. I dont know what it is, but a car can easily look sinister in black, but this sort of parallel vibe in white. The painted sidetrim is wierd, all in all its a lot of things on this car I wouldnt regularly like, but this car in particular I think is kickass. I like the tail lites a lot, and I usually dont like out there stuff, esp since 55 and 56 Fords had nice rear lites, but its real cool, its a neat car man!

24. Movinman

Movinman

Looks good Mikey. Put some wide whites on the rear, and run the crap out of it.

It's not quite the Merc though...! :D

25. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

Very nice lookin' ride in my opinion!

26. eddie1

eddie1

I like the current grille better than the meteor grill, just needs to raised up a little.

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The sled has a lot of potential, I may have time to do some Photo shop work on it later. I would look into doing a Bumper / grill swap. Friend of mine kustom'd up a '56 Mercury and he added a 55 Old front bumper. It looked way too kool. I like your tube grill Idea. I beleive Night Prowlers sell them. Please keep the back end the way it is.....

I love it because it is different wild and tasteful.

28. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about a 1956 Dodge Grill?

Below is a guickie photo shop pic

Attached Files:

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Wait...wait a sec...Mick, I thot you hated computers...??? And you're doing photoshop on it...sounds like you've got mad skills on a t computer after all...

Dan wanted to know who your artist is for the SK flyer...he loved it...

R-