Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheater Slicks for 16x10 Magnesium TTO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CENTURION, May 22, 2008.

1. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Hello:

I just purchased a pair of 16x10 Magnesium American Racing Torque Trust wheels for a Raduised wheel well 57 Chevy Gasser project. Of concern is:

What is the largest recommended tire size for a modern "Pie Crust" non radial cheater slick?

Who manufactures a modern "Pie Crust" non radial cheater slick?

Is there any drawbacks to this size of 16x10?

Have Polished or leave Patina?

I know its very difficult to tell but in your opinion is the Red 57 Gasser running a 16x10 rear wheel approx?

Thank you kindly.

Attached Files:

2. old beet

old beet

Call Cody 503-656-1572.....Hurst Racing Tires.........OLDBEET

3. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Here are two pics of the wheels I bought yesterday.

16x10 zero script of manufacture anywhere.

Attached Files:

4. MilesM

MilesM

They do not look like Mag to me.

TTO's would have conical lug holes. They look like original TT's

Probably a copy if no markings.

5. Bent

Bent
    from Canada

Are they really 16x10's? A 16x10 would measure approx 17"x11" actual outside dimensions. If they measure 16x10 they are actually 15x9ish. Hate to state would might seem painfully obvious but some people don't know.

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'd check that, too. i'd be pissed if i spent 'big money' for 16 inch magnesium wheels and got no-name 15''s...

7. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Thank You.

Not the news I was hoping for but me move on. Seller insisted they were Magnesium. Big money was not spent on these wheels so I will keep either way. I simply have never seen Magnesium wheels in flesh so I am not expirenced to tell Magnesium from Aluminium.

I just got them yesterday. I will do more dimensioning and run a Vinegar test. I purchased these locally. Please stand by for more results and again thank you.

8. Also should be substantial weight difference that would be easy to tell.

9. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Good News is these wheels are definetly 16 inch diameter and 10 inch wide. Notice within the most recent pic of how the 16 inch is stood next to a Cragar 15 inch wheel. Exactly one inch diameter differance within the bead to bead contact patch! I am going to takes these Torque thrust wheels to a old bull to have the scuffs removed. Hopefully he will ID the composition and mfg and build date somehow.

If these are not Magnesium then who in there right mind would have made unmarked Copies "One Piece" American Racing wheels as manufacuring cost for one piece would have seemed prohibitive.

Attached Files:

10. I'm glad to hear they are the right size.

Lot's of different manufacturers ripped off the design, it was popular and that meant $$$.