Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheap winter rides,what was yours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fedcospeed, Dec 16, 2010.

1. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I've been driving a $500.00 95 Civic for the past few years. It dosen't want to die . I got it off of a co-worker .when she had it The car was rear ended by a drunk driver while parked. I fixed it in my driveway and use it every day

2. rainh8r

rainh8r

I drove a 53 Plymouth 2dr sedan for a year or two as a snow car. The o/d trans was stuck in overdrive, so it didn't have any compression to slide the tires on a downshift and would go about anywhere. Paid $25 for it and sold it for $15 with a bent wheel, which we bent racing around a development in the snow. The 55 New Yorker that replaced it was my "good" car, and it worked pretty well too.

3. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

78 ford courier long bed affectionately named "dumbo" by my sister becasue the front fenders were rusted out all the way to the top and they flapped as you drove (I eventually put a strap on to hold them down). if you looked just right you could see from side to side through the rust holes. I invested a little into it--bucket seats from the scrap pile and some baby moons my dad had in the basement. Paid $150, drove it 10,000 plus miles over 2 years and eventually got $700 trade in at the dealership after my fish froze on the way home from college in the passenger's seat. good times.

4. baldego

baldego

68 dart 4 door 3 on the tree 170 slant six...no floor passenger side front we stole a stop sign in the Bronx and spot welded it in..used to take it to rockaway to go surfing in winter..

5. Back in the day my first was a 54 Chevy pickup, I only had one set of tires to get me everywhere, M50x15, suprisingly they worked well.

6. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

'68 Valiant Signet 170 2BBL.

7. Deuces

Deuces

Well I did have a great '96 F-150 till it threw a rod... With less than 70K on the clock. :(.. So now I gotta install a new long block and replace all the trans and brake lines.. The rear drums were never taken off..