Register now to get rid of these ads!

cheap Mr Gasket fuel pump???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peanut, Oct 13, 2007.

1. peanut

peanut

i picked up one of those little cheap 12v MrGasket fuel pumps. and the paper work said that it needed to to be on a 45 ? whats up with that? i would think it would not matter. has anyone used one of these? what do you-uns think? i need to mount it straight.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I was running a high zoot SW elec fuel pump and it crapped out on me several times.......so I replaced it with the little Mr. Gasket pump from Advance Auto and it has been just fine for the past several years....and I am running it absolutely horizontal on the inside of my frame rail......a well spent $35........I also carry a spare one just in case!!

CB

3. flathead okie

flathead okie

I say buy another one so you can replace it after 5 miles. Seriously I bought one of those and after about 5 miles of test runs it quit on me, so I got a replacement and it quit also. Don't use one of Mr. gasket anything, they are shit. spend the bucks and get a good one. The one I got now cost around 60 bucks at autozone. I can't remember the name but I haven't had any troubles since December.