Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chassis Research style dragster/Comp Coupe build flathead powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dragsled, Nov 20, 2011.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Rocky I sent you a PM about the fastners, Tom I really can't take credit for the cage design, Justin Calkins came up with it for a car he was going to build , then I got some pics from Dimtri with the antique doll dragster, and tweaked it altogether and came up with my plans, Today I got all the tubeing for the 6 point cage from Mike Wagner at Cornfield Customs now I just have to fit it all together and make it look like the pics:confused:, also found a chute pack big enough for the ribbon chute on ebay last week, and got the Ramp truck up and runnig again, just have to build the ramps for it now, things are rolling along again Tim Jones

Attached Files:

2. Awesome! I love ribbon chutes!!

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Started fitting the new cage pieces tonite, alittle more angle and some grinding and the main hoops will be ready. Good thing my weekend starts tomorrow. Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Dude that looks pretty tough. I love fresh steel all ready for welding. This is pretty f**cking cool. I really do wish you lived a little closer. I might have been able to bend up that steel for you. Damn that looks good !

5. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Likeing this more and more, think Iam gonna get my tube bender out again, and its your fault Tim!

6. Hope you have enough head clearance with your helmet on and foam padding Tim! Ask me how I know......

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks for the offer Robert , but even with my rinky-dink plans Mike wagner got the bends perfect, Sorry moon for making you get the bender out again , but from the looks of your chassis ,you really don't mind, BTW your car is looking bad ass, Don't worry carl i've been crawling in and out with my helmet on, that's how I relized my left knee didn't bend far enough to get in any more with the new cage,got the new piece for the cross brace ready to fishmouth tomorrow at work ,,useing a metal cutting holesaw and the big drill/bridgeport that i used to drill my axle, got all the cage fitted and ready to tack, after that i'll get the chassis uprights fitted, Plus need to do a helmet hoop around the cage things are going good, Tim Jones

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

HMM? pics didn't load, Let's try again with just two

Attached Files:

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

well I'll try the other three, Keep in mind none of these are tacked up yet , just sitting on the chassis , so if anything looks off thats why, I haven't f**ked it up YET

Attached Files:

10. looks wicked, mean, evil, bad and nasty................ way to go

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl Hopefully it does it's job if I ever need it, here's a few more pics While sweat my ass off in the shop the dogs relax by their pool:D, and decided I needed a shop penguin?:confused: I work at the Omaha zoo and this was left over from an old display

Attached Files:

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

got the cross brace cut and fitted today, much easier to get in and out for a guy with a bum knee, here's a pic of fishmouthing the brace with one of my favorite machines at work, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

13. Tim.............Think you koulda found one a little bit bigger????

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

got the main cage tacked together , I'll fit the drivers area uprights tomorrow,, Well Carl one thing about that machine, I never have to wait to use it, there's only a couple of us that know how to run it, most of them want nothing to do with it because of it's size:D

Attached Files:

15. Don't forget your helmet bars Tim..............

16. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Hey that's not correct for that Era Tim. You should fix that. I mean it...fix it. HAHAHA just kidding, didn't want you to feel left out. Looks pretty cool Tim. Keep it up.

17. Give that dog some clean water to swim in! :p

Sorry to hear about Yukon, I had the same thing happen to one of my Aussies. Asshole never slowed down.

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I'm on it Carl, wanted to wait til the cage was tacked to match the bends, thanks Tim

19. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

don't worry Robert I'm getting the sawsall out as we speak:), Hey wait this is OK for this Era the chassis was started in 2011:D thanks Tim

20. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here you go:rolleyes:, My well water gets green within a couple days, one of the reasons I don't drink it, but really does this look like a dog who cares:D Well the dogs are taken care of , the dragster awaits, back out to sweat box to do some welding, Thanks Tim Jones

Attached Files:

21. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

The Strokers Hot Rod club bought one in 58.
    here it is today. At out 55 club reunion

Attached Files:

22. Happiness is a wet pooch..............

23. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thats one cool setup Roger ,Car, Trailer and tow car look great togther, Tim Jones

24. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well i feel like I sweat off 20 Lbs today, Lots of grind ,fit grind, fit, finally got the lower uprights tacked in place, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yesterday afternoon, my chrome tie rod and steering arm came from Speedway, just have to drill out the tie rod arms for the 5/8 bolt on the heim ends, then I can get the drag link figured out, tim jones

Attached Files:

26. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

I love new parts and chrome!!!

27. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Tim its looking good brother!!!!

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Beautiful!

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Got the ramps for the truck done today, Good day to work outside of the shop.

Attached Files:

30. hauler looking good Tim and the chrome up front will certainly look good!!!