Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chassis Research style dragster/Comp Coupe build flathead powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dragsled, Nov 20, 2011.

1. hey Tim give me a call when you get a chance........Carl

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good talking to you Carl, Thanks for the idea on keeping the mount saddles in place, I'll have Garrett's tig welder out here while doing the steering mount, so I'll weld the keepers for the saddle mounts also,, Tim Jones

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Winter left AGAIN!!, Got the steering box mounted back in the car, after having to change it when we buildt the scattershield for the car,, Made a swing out mount for it to get the trans out, So it didn't hit the cowl of the dragster body, I put a notch in it, Now just need to recouple it to the steering wheel and add some to the draglink, after that I'll add my side braces along side the trans,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Looking good Tim thanks for the pics and now I got a idea or two for my steering mount as well

Chrome don't get ya home

5. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Tim, Your build thread is really cool to check out. Wishing you all the best in your build !

Dave

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Dave, Getting the side bars in the leg and trans area fitted and have the redone clutch pedal figured out, plus refitting the foot feed pedal, doing the scattershield made us change pretty much everything in the trans area, O Well better safe than sorry:) Tim Jones

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Slowly getting the changes made in the car:rolleyes:, New braces tacked in, remounted the clutch and gas pedal , refitted the old seat in so Beth sits up alittle higher,,steering box swingout mount done,,just a couple more small things to tack in place, then we'll take the car apart:( so we can get to all the welds,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

8. lookin good Tim..........keep on keep'n on!!!

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Keep at it Tim and you'll run out of things to do. Love the sign over the penguin. :D

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah Beth got that one for me,Even tho I really don't throw tools, when I was 16 or 17 I was working on one of my cars, Got mad and tossed a handful tools down the driveway, they bounced across the street into the neighbors yard,As I went over to pick them up I relized they were sitting on their front porch laughing at my show, felt pretty stupid,:( Never threw another tool after that:eek:,, Tim Jones

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Beth and I got the car apart earlier today so I could finish the welds,, Man I sure hope she remembers how this thing goes back together:D,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

12. really can't say I haven't chucked a few tools in my time........German temper........

13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Well guys I caught Tim in a lie today:mad: He always claimed a broom wouldn't fit his hands:rolleyes: Well here's the PROOF!!!:) Beth

Attached Files:

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hmmm Guilty as charged:D Got alot welded up this afternoon, alot easier with an empty chassis,Needed to change the angles on the lower tubes of the X braces, one ran into the starter pocket and the other was in the way of the clutch throwout shaft coming out of the scattershield,,, Should be able to finish tomorrow night after work:confused:, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

15. Tim,
    You should take the car up to Dubuque for Vintage Torque Fest this year. First weekend in May.

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hi Justin ,, That's the plan, How's your dads dragster coming along,, Tim Jones

17. Haven't heard much about that lately. Last I knew, rear wheels were all he needed, for parts, then he could start making parts for the chassis.

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Tim, just send any leftover parts my way :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Come out to Eagle on May 17-18 Tim...........we'll save ya a spot!!!

20. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

We'd love to come out just for the AA/FA cars, and see you guys:D, But need to stick to the task at hand:rolleyes: Got all the new welding done, new X braces, steering mount, motor mounts, moved clutch pedal, anti rotation device for the pinion, remounted the gas pedal and some other misc tabs, Sprayed some black on her, Ready to put it back together:D,, plus Beth wants to get the rear for her T put back together,,,,Tim Jones

Attached Files:

21. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looking good Tim!

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Tom How's your comming along? Tim Jones

23. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Slowly. I've had some foot problems and haven't been able to get out in the shop to get much done. Hopefully this month things will start happening again.

24. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

We were takeing apart a truck at work today and I spotted some parts that will work to finish out the clutch pedal linkage:), Don't think I'll have to change the rod lenght either:D Tim Jones

Attached Files:

25. so you're telling me that the truck at work no longer has a clutch????

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well sometimes sacrifices must be made:D Actually were takeing the deicer unit off an old Airforce truck to use the cab and frame as salt and sand truck for next winter, Lots of cool levers and switchs and other stuff I'll be saveing for who knows what:eek: Tim Jones

27. Remind me to tell you my Deicer story from my Air Force days next time we talk......

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Will do,,, We machined the Clutch lever shaft to work with the flatheads cross shaft , Now back to fitting 20 lbs of stuff into a 5 Lb box, Used Beth's engine hoist to put the motor back in, ( A woman with her own engine hoist just sounds Right :D) ,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

29. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We got the motor bolted back in the dragster today so Tim can sort out the clutch lever, I've been doing most of the reassemble on the dragster being Tim Is still nurseing a sore back, Okay with me tho,, Beth

Attached Files: