Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Chassis Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Heights took the independant stuff, and Pete & Jakes the Solid axle. The P&J forged axle $360 Drilled and chromed $1066. Aluminum $basic $942

steve hackel and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. silent rick

silent rick

i still can't find it on their website, anybody got a part number?

is it still patterned off the 32 heavy axle?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

The last few years CE was selling the SoCal forged axles. Is P&J doing the same?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. silent rick

silent rick

socal has that funky round radius in the web area around the spring perches. it's weird looking. nothing like a stocker or a chassis engineering of old.

[​IMG]

5. silent rick

silent rick

chassis engineering

[​IMG]

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I read back when...SoCal was doing a repop on the '32 heavy. When they did, it was the round-radiied web at the hanger boss.
    Bravo for the 'clearance' at the drop for spindle arms' turning radius, but they fall short of the turning radius of the ol' Super Bell tube.
    Yeah, I know...the original Ford spindle arms should be shaped to the axle, as I always do.
    That 'graceful' taper thru the drop always bugged me, instead of the perfect drop achievable on the '32 heavy, the '32-'36, and even the Model A! The repops look exactly like repops, you can spot them immediately!
    The cast Super Bell 'I' beams look like the C.E., but...the logo is cast in the middle, in ductile iron.
    I recall cast iron axles breaking a few years back. They weren't Super Bells.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. Old post I know.

But a comparison, CP-2105 SBC into a 28-31 engine mount kit $80.35 in 2007 and now is $143.00. I still have a 2007 catalog :).

olscrounger likes this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

I bet steel prices have risen 44% in twelve years.

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Along with health insurance.