Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chassis Engineering rear leaf spring ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yngrodder, Jan 8, 2006.

1. yngrodder

yngrodder

Im getting ready to mount the rear susp on my chassis and I have dearched c/e springs they measure 48 inchs center to center. I also have the hangers but I do not have front mounts I am going to make my own but I need to know the right way to mount it. do i need to center the pin on the spring to the rearend or move it up 1/2 of an inch to allow for the weight of the car?

2. what car? if it's a `35-`40 ford , i have the installation instructions i could scan and email you.

3. yngrodder

yngrodder

It is going in a 34 chevy master frame but the springs thst I have is for a 35-40 ford They sell the front mount I was just hoping to make my own instead of buing theres. Thanks,Mel

4. 68vette

68vette

My 49 chevy rides like a truck...actually worse than my truck. I have used about 6 combo's of individual leaves with NO improvement in the ride...these CE springs are way too stiff and then go to way to soft by removing some of the leaves.

They must try these springs out on velvet foam filled streets ...they have never driven a car with their springs on an interstate.