Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Charlotte Autofair is next week

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TA DAD, Mar 30, 2018.

1. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

The Charlotte Autofair is next week April 5th thru the 8th. We will be set up in the green field spaces MG 58 - LG58. Your welcome to stop by for a free bottle of water or if you need to drop off some parts instead of carrying them around. And I might have something you need. IMG_0012.JPG

2. We (@Nailhead Jason , the Road Pilots and I) will be in the Blue Field, SB-48, SB-66, right behind the big food/restroom building.

We can accommodate new-purchase drop-offs as well. And if that new part needs pinstripes, I'll have my brushes!

Stop by and say hello!

3. If any of the VA boys have something they want taken down to sell, let me know and I can take it down for you, just have to get it to me by next Thursday.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I'll be in the Blue Field, EEB 010-012.

Attached Files:

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I will be with my buddy Cliff in the Orange field - XXO 20-22. Look for the big motor home near the tunnel. I'll have a '23 T turtle deck, set of new early Ford big/little 15" wheels & tires and other early Ford stuff. My buddy Boo will be in XXO 23 with a trailer full of early Ford parts including a complete 1934 V8. Stop by and rest your bones.

Lee

graveyardsledder likes this.
  6. Here's a couple quick videos of the load SO FAR! If you see anything you need, contact me here or find me at the track. SB-48/SB-66

graveyardsledder and Grandadeo like this.
  7. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

On the road to Charlotte! 2:30 AM. Yee Haw!

8. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

on the road 3;55 am -see ya at noon

9. Anybody else heading there this week / weekend?

10. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Hope to meet some of you. I'll be scouring the speedway looking for 31 model a sheetmetal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Go to the Blue Field, SB-48, SB-66, right behind the big food/restroom building, @brett4christ will be there and he has a bunch of 30 31 model A stuff.

brett4christ likes this.
  12. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

My wife and I left central MD this morning and stopped for the night in Christiansburg, Va. The wind howled all day and the temperatures have steadily dropped all day- should be just about freezing in the morning. The forecast for Charlotte is more promising- 63 on Thursday and 73 on Friday. Hopefully the wind will subside before we arrive. We’ll be back home late Saturday- just in time for our next early Spring snow. Way to go Al Gore!

13. Loaded up and headed out in a couple hours. Find me for Model A chassis stuff!!!

If anyone finds a drivers door for a 39-46 Chevrolet/GMC truck in good shape, text me at 2five2.7one4.double4double5.

(This message will self-destruct in 72 hours....)

14. See ya Tomorrow morning Brett!!

15. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Looked for you today. See you tomorrow. Will be nice to meet some HAMBERS.

16. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Beautiful day in the swap. Even sold a couple things.

Lee

17. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Any you guys out there I'm looking for a drivers door for a 1931 Model A fordor for the slant windshield cowl.

18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

We arrived about 10am and bought our first treasure less than 20 minutes later. And I found this cute chick to carry it to my car! The weather was spectacular; and Friday promises to be even better. We knocked out the two outside fields today, so tomorrow morning we actually get inside the track. If you’re not here you need to ask yourself- why not? I have to work is not a valid excuse- I have that up permanently!

Attached Files:

shadetreerodder likes this.
  19. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

The ole lady and I will be out there tomorrow. Taking the day off to hopefully spend some money. looking for all types of stuff. Model A, 36-39 Ford front and rear suspension, 1939 top loader trans, 8ba Flathead stuff, 64-65 Ford Truck stuff. I’ll be wearing a giant sombrero because my ginger ass will burn in the sun. I’ll wear my Race of Gentlemen shirt. Keep a look out come say hello!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Walked 8 miles today, according to the wife’s Fitbit thing. After more than 6 miles on Thursday- my feet are plenty sore. We managed to see nearly every swap meet space- which isn’t easy as the track/infield is undergoing changes and spaces have been pushed around. There is a section where you can ride along with a guy as he drifts in a r@& rod- almost said it! That makes lots of noise and smoke so folks were cued up to watch that. There was plenty enough hot rod parts to make it interesting. The car corral was packed so we skipped the 1.5 mile journey around. Looks like a great swap meet season ahead. On to Carlisle!

21. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Sold $165 worth of junk today. Bought $400 worth of good stuff. Don't tell my wife.

Lee

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    brett4christ and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

I found a firewall for my 31Model A cowl at Autofair. I FINALLY found the drivers side door I have been searching for three miles from the speedway. Off a chance Craigslist search. Guy sold me two doors for a hundred bucks. Firewall was 30. I made out! So stoked knowing I'm one step closer to having my body parts.

23. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Lol, didn't even think to look on here, but took some Supremes I had for sale down to the new owner, stopped and saw Jeffrey James at the Sugar City setup. And stopped to see Bloody Knuckles and his big ass International. Then took my ass home. I didn't buy anything but a $6 cafeteria style burger.

25. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

On and off rain today but still several walkers. I guess nobody needs a '23 turtledeck with lid - still sitting here.

Lee

26. Someone post photos...

27. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

The best I can do is our set up , for us it was a great week. We went there with 160 wheels and came home with 12 and what took three trucks with camper tops to get there with came home in one including our set up tables. But typical Charlotte weather , rain, wind and getting sand blasted all week is all part of the enjoyment. I did have a first happen though, I sold a older guy a spray gun for five dollars and he returned a short time later wanting a refund. So I obliged and gave him his five dollars back. But that was a first and I have been setting up at Charlotte for 33 years. Charlotte 2018 009.jpg Charlotte 2018 025.jpg

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  28. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Bought thus firewall for my next project. The two doors I picked up off craigslist three miles from speedway.[​IMG][​IMG]

29. Had a good Friday...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Met some great folks and had a great time with old and new friends! Even spent some of my profits on this rad Weiand 2x4 with carbs!

[​IMG]

THEN the forecast called for a nasty Saturday, so I packed up in 2 hours, got some shut-eye in the truck and left at daybreak!

Sure hated that I didn’t get around to see everyone, but selling was first order! Next time I’m bringing just me and a good pair of shoes!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Brett : Came by your site Friday to say hello and you must have been roaming around.. Oddly enough , the guy behind you (with the horse trailer ) is from Va. and brought me a full set of fenders ...bought them Thursday..
    Maybe next time...still needing a '30-31 trunklid
    Stan