Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Chapin, S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, May 29, 2023.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Moving to Chapin, S.C. in July.....how many hambers in the area? What big car shows with flea markets are there? I use to sell at Spring and Fall Carlisle, may be interested in doing it down there.....but not as large scale.....

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  2. Stan, I know that i will miss talking to you, but good luck in your endeavors.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chapin is not what you would call a hotbed of hot rodding activity, but you are about 30 minutes from Columbia and about 40 minutes from Temples Auto Salvage, so you have that going for you which is nice. Get ahold of Hotrod Primer, he knows everybody and get you hooked up with all the cool kids.

-Abone.

jim snow, alanp561 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  4. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I am very aware of Temples, been there many times....the guy behind the counter does not remember my name, but calls me the stainless guy.....and I know the guy with a small junk yard that has that home made red coupe body on a pole for advertiseing....any other yards with 40-50's cars?????

5. You will be about 120 miles away from the biggest swap meet in the North Carolina/South Carolina area at Charlotte Motor Speedway, the Hornets Nest host two huge swap meets a year, spring & fall.

SWAP MEET INFORMATION

As Jeff pointed out South Carolina is not a hot bed of Hot Rodding but there are shows throughout the State, Myrtle Beach has a big show & The Gargoyles host a swap meet/drag race every year n Union, South Carolina.

This is a old flier but will give you insight to what's going on.
    Steel in Motion

South Carolina also is the home of Southeaster Gassers.

Southeastern Gassers

And numerous small shows and cruise-in's throughout the upstate, midlands and low country.
    HRP

rattlecanrods, Just Gary and redzula like this.
  6. Welcome to the South, chevstolac!!!
    I moved here from PA 19 years ago and love it- lots of great folks/HAMBers :D

You're about 2 1/2 hours away from me and about 2 1/2 hours from Brad54's swap meet in Clarkesville, GA
    http://negeorgiaswapmeet.com/