Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chaparral 2D "live Drive"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocketbob, Jan 16, 2010.

1. rocketbob

rocketbob
    from West Texas

Take note that the date for the “live drive” has changed AGAIN! The new date is Wednesday, January 27<SUP>th</SUP>. We will do our best NOT to change it again but stay tuned!

Happy New Year! It’s time for the first “live drive” of 2010!

The Chaparral 2D will be driven (weather permitting) Wednesday, January 27<SUP>th</SUP> around 5:30 at the Petroleum Museum. The Chaparral 2D will run for approximately 10-20 minutes in the front circle. The running of the Chaparrals is part of the routine maintenance to keep the cars in running condition. If you have any questions call Ronnie Low at 528-9999

Please enter through the Visitor Center entrance which is east of the Museum’s entrance. (The Museum entrance will be closed off.) Please feel free to come early and walk back to the garage to see it getting prepped for the drive.

Please check your e-mail before you come to be sure we are still a go. If you do NOT hear from me, we ARE running

If the time changes again I will post it. If you are in the area this is a great chance to see the car up close and running. Jim Hall himself was at the last one to drive the 2C.

2. 2D was/is an awesome machine. World class competitor build by a good old West Texas boy with traditional hot rod roots. I want to take a ride.