Register now to get rid of these ads!

Channeled car, Body mount pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteMattersen, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Im working on channeling my newly acquired 29 sedan project and am really drawing a blank on body mount ideas. Lets see what you guys have done.

2. jerseymike

jerseymike

'29 sedan? hell i've been waiting for shoebox updates!

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

What I have done is lay a is 1 1/2 inch channel. bent or cut to shape on top of the frame front to back and drill through and mount screws to hold in place then structure the body off of this to the sides of the bodys strong points using more steel where needed. Oh when you pull the body off of the frame weld bolt into the frame as flush as possible where the mounting screws were and drill the upper holes out large enough to bolt the sub frame and body through these. Ah hell here are a few pics hope it helps...ghost

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  4. Thanks, same info I'm looking for except I need to see it done with 2X4's
    (joke, I'm doing a Chevy)

5. I've been on it as well, Haven't bothered to post pics. I will when i get some more done. Its a pain in the neck on my computer and my a.d.d. will hardly allow it.