Register now to get rid of these ads!

Changing roadster pickup over to front disc brakes----

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So---Today I ordered up a complete front disc brake set-up for the roadster pickup, from Hortons in Milton. Rotor & hub combination, calipers, pucks, brackets to mount calipers, bearings, spindle bearing adapters, and requisite nuts and bolts. This is to go on '40 Ford spindles which are currently running '40 drums and shoes. And the price for purchase, Goods and Service tax, sales tax, and shipping??--Step back---step way back----$874.00. Yeeouch!!! Damn that hurt...

2. And yes---I do have a dual chamber corvette master cylinder and an adjustable proportioning valve in the rear lines, and I did order a 2 pound residual check valve for the front.

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

OUCH!

Makes me happy I bought the basic speedway kit off of Ebay for $36 delivered, and then gave another $35.80 for almost new rotors, bearings, seals, spindle nuts, dust caps, and roller wheels and tires from U-pull.

I just have to come up with calipers now.

4. beatnik

beatnik

Why even post this shit here. You should have just bought a set of loaded self energizing Lincoln Backing plates for your current brake setup.

For that much you could have gotten a Polished Wilwood Dynalite Brake Kit with 4-Piston Calipers, if that's youre thing, WIL140-2260B.

5. Beatnik---I post this shit here because this is a hot rod forum, I am a hotrodder, and you can kiss my ass!! As far as the prices concerned, check your math--convert Yankee dollars to Canadian dollars, add on two different taxes, add on shipping, add on customs, and you will see what it would have cost me here.----for outdated technology.

6. beatnik

beatnik

What would you come on to a traditional Hot Rod message board to tell us your throwing out 40 Ford brakes so you can install disc brakes and you spent over $800 to do it.

You want to do it great, keep it on a street rod board or keep it to yourself. Next you'll want to do a tech post on how to install disc brakes on the HAMB.

Outdated technology is exactly what this place is about, otherwise why drive a vehicle from the 20's or 30's, how can you not get it, do what you want, just don't do it here.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  7. To Tall

To Tall

WOW:eek:

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Outdated technology is kind of our passion here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.