Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Century of Speed exhibit at the GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Dec 23, 2013.

1. For those that aren't aware this is the 100th anniversary of land speed racing at Bonneville and from what I've heard there will be a large exhibit at the Grand National Roadster Show this year (January 24th-26th 2014). It sounds like it will feature 100 vehicles of the past 100 years. Does anybody know specifically of any of the cars and motorcycles that will be on display???

www.landracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=381&Itemid=381

2. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Our streamliner sidecar motorcycle record holder Nebulous Theorem VIII aka "The Silver Bastard" was invited for the exhibition along with its brother the 788 liner Nebulous Theorem III.

Attached Files:

3. The Nebulus Theorem cars are always some of my favorites out at Bonneville. You guys always seem to be pushing the envelope & making sure to keep the sport (if you can call it that) evolving. Thanks for sharing!

Does anybody know of any others?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have been told that the Flat Cad will be on display. The promotional picture for the Grand Nation Roadster Show website is of our 974 Studebaker but it will not be at the show.

I wish I could go, but it will not be this year for me.

John

5. Ole don

Ole don

FYI for those who have not been lucky enough to see these cars in person. The orange car is not shown next to a wall, that's a curb. And a very low one at that. I have a pocket sized camera with a black soft cover. I asked the crew and was given permission to place the camera cover on the car body where it gets narrow behind the front wheels. The camera cover, (as wide as my hand), covers over half the body width. The silver car is smaller.

6. Now, I've also heard today that Mickey Thompson's Challenger I and Challenger II will be on display next month. Has anybody heard of any others? We are less than a month away!

Attached Files:

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you can get there ya gotta go

8. This ought to be a great addition to an already great show. I'll be there!

9. 41plym

41plym

I'm flying in Saturday evening for vacation. Is Sunday still a good day to go to the show or does it clear out Saturday?
    41plym

10. Sunday is a good day, although it is a lot to see in one day. If I remember right it winds up by 4 or 5.

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'm really looking forward to the GNRS - just four weeks away!

My friends are taking their Speedway Motors streamliner out to the show to display in the Century of Speed exhibit.

[​IMG]

Malcolm