Register now to get rid of these ads!

Center hole size on Rims

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustang6147, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

SO, how important is the center hole on aluminum uni-lug rims? Lookin at the picture, does this look OK? or would I be better off not runnin them like this. It is obvious , but I might as well add, that the lug inserts will be changed. I am concerned about the center hole, or any other issue's

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't worry too much if you have lug inserts. On one that doesn't use lug inserts then the center hole would be more important as a way to locate the wheel.

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Most aftermarket wheels are not "hub centric".

4. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Thanks, it looks like the lugs will be dead center, instead of in or out....

I am assuming it would also be the same on the front as well correct??

5. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

The proper fit of a wheel requires the the center hole fits snug. The lugs and studs are designed to hold the wheel on, not carry the weight of the car....That being said I have seen many cars(some of them
    mine) with the wrong fit and they never had a concern.
    So your results may vary.
    A good wheel shop will not sell you a wheel that does not fit the center hole. You can buy centering bushings to fill the gap and provide proper fitment and keep the wheels hub centric.

6. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Hello, There's a place in the internet and located in Akron Ohio called A&R tire. I think there web site is AandRwheel.com, they sell centering rings (very cheap $2-3 each) and they will center the wheel and keep vibrations to an minimum. All you need is the hub dia and the rim dia. Hope the helps. Jesse

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  7. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Thank You, and everyone else who responded. I would wrather be safe then sorry.

8. atomickustom

atomickustom

I did not know that! Thanks for that info.