Register now to get rid of these ads!

Center cap help...Old Cragar 5 spokes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWFOMOCO, Feb 11, 2010.

1. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can any body tell me what kind or where to find a center cap for this wheel? It is an old Cragar wheel that I am planning on running on the front of my 64 Galaxie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. Muttley

Muttley

Sell them to me and quit worrying about it. ;) :D

4. chopped

chopped

I'd try Summit

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'd suggest a paper tracing of the hole dia. and a couple of days at Charlotte in the spring.:) There are dealers that specialize in used center caps. Armed with a size you might be able to score.

6. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was hoping some one would say....I have a pair you can buy....but no luck. I have never seen a center cap like this so I guess I will be walking the speedway in April. Thanks

7. nutajunka

nutajunka

Have you tryed the standard crager s/s cap? I know it won't be correct, but if it fit's the outside the inside is a simple washer affair.

8. chevyshack

chevyshack

Just go to pep boys and get a set of spinner caps that fit your diameter. Wont be original but who cares. Just get some cragar emblems to stick on them.

9. jscoma47

jscoma47

They are called Cragar S/X wheels. Caps are hard to find. Most of the tiny screws seized in the caps and are usually broken. I have a complete set that i picked up at a swap meet last year with the wheels. I will dig em out and post you some pics.

10. yardgoat

yardgoat

Ive always loved those wheels,seen some of the remakes but nothing like the real thing.If spinner caps are your thing ok but it takes/distracks away from the wheel.Hope you find a correct cap and if ya do post a pic,good luck..............YG

11. custombuilt55-72

custombuilt55-72

Try the "Lug Nut King' in California, I think he has a web site. He has the (5) star type for American Mag (same style),he might can help. He does set up at the Charlotte Spring auto Fair, may want to wait until then. Last year inside 3rd turn.