Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

GONE - cast iron factory manifolds - GONE

Discussion in '"Pay It Forward"' started by atch, Jul 9, 2018.

1. atch

atch

City: Columbia

State: Missouri
    1. GM 2-bbl cast iron intake manifold. I believe it is a mid 60's Pontiac. It looks nearly identical to the one shown below. NOTE: I have no way to take and post a pic of the actual manifold. The pic below is from an old e-bay listing.

Has casting number 8784233 on it and (what I believe to be) a date code of J168. I searched the net and couldn't find this casting number. Probably some of you smarter folks can do better.

This manifold had a side fuel inlet 2GC carb on it. I wanted the carb but the swap meet seller wouldn't let me buy the carb without taking the manifold.

[​IMG]

b-t-w; carbking told me "Mike - if you check more closely, I believe you might find the number to be 9794233. Pontiac 8's and 9's can be difficult to distinguish. In which case it is from a 1969 400 CID." I have never checked these numbers. If someone wants this thing and wants me to verify the numbers I will.

========================================================
    2. Still have the Pontiac manifold above and have acquired another 2GC on a SBC manifold. Of course I'll be keeping the carb but this manifold is also available to anyone who wants it. The casting number is 3916313. Also showing are the numbers "GM6" and "E18"