Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cast Iron 2 four barrell intake question ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64gtoguy, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

I found an old cast Iron 2 four intake in a pile of stuff that a guy has for sale and am not sure what its application is. I took a picture of it but it didn't turn out very good ...... I am pretty sure that Caddy used them in late 50's. My question is is what other 50's cars utilized a 2 four intake ? This thing has been bugging me.... I am going to go back to the guy and get better pics. and hopefully bring it home. I'm sure one of you guys can use it once we figure out what it is.

2. George

George

All of the Big 3 had them.

3. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Thanks George, I know for sure sure it isn't a small block Chev. There isn't a hole for the distributor in the rear, but there is a kind of s shaped curve , and this thing wide, like a big block. There is a heater hose nipple on the left front pointing horizontal to the front.

4. George

George

Probably would help if you post a pic & casting #, too many possibilities! Does it seal the valley, or log type like Chr BB?

5. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

I took a couple of pics. but they didn't turn out, I'm going back to try and get some better ones. It seals the valley's like a GM

6. George

George

Eliminates a few, but the Big 3 are all still in the running, possibly others too!