Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cast Aluminum Hubcaps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelkid, Dec 12, 2007.

1. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

I'd like to see some pictures of old cast Aluminum Hubcaps, like those Veda Orr caps. Everything you guys have

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Like these??

Attached Files:

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The X-Sonic had custom cast aluminum hubcaps for a while.

I believe there were two sets made, and the other set ended up on the Barris Golden Sahara.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Those are two totally different hubcaps!

5. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

cool idea wheelkid. wish I had some images to contribute!

6. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

golden sahara looks like caddy sabre wheels with different centers. I have a mag at home with very similar cast caps as on the x-sonic.. .I think they were aftermarket.

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Steve Sellers at Sellers Equipped makes some as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Barris used his own cast caps on several cars, the same as on the X-sonic were on the Modern Grecian and the El Capitola -

9. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Tell me more about those Sellers ones. I heard that you have to bolt them to the wheel, they don't just snap in like normal caps. And whats the deal with the holes in the wings? I've seen some of the veda orr caps like that too
    Jimmy

10. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I've seen the Sellers type caps attached to early ford caps to snap them on.

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

12. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

Those alum SELLERS. were orig cast by the R.P.M. CLUB OF SAN FRANCISCO. A guy by the name of ZEEK ZAFORLLI.From san leandro ca. he casted some about 10 years ago they were made to fit over a hub cap a smaller dia kelsey hays cap.

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I bought these off Ebay several years ago. Possibly the same as above. These have 2 thick lugs on the inside that I was able to drill and tap for small studs. They are slightly smaller in diameter than a 32 hub cap. The nice thing about that is that to remove them from the wheels you have to pry on the SS cap and not the soft aluminum. It can be a bitch prying those caps off of KHs The story that came with them was that they are copies of ones that were cast by a club in the San Francisco bay area back in the day.

14. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I have the Sellers caps ........any pic's of the Veda Orr caps ??

15. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The Orr caps are similar to the ones on my roadster but much more esthetically correct. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think they are vintage but someone's idea of a vintage cap but a new sand cast. I'd like to be proven wrong. Does anyone really know? Some things are made in very limited quantities to create value and as such I think this is one of them. There was a car at the Hotrodarama in 2006 with them. I think he's on the Hamb. Maybe someone knows something I don't but I'm curious. Squeek Bell??????

16. 40Tudor

40Tudor

From Mark Morton's tub:

Attached Files:

17. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Yes sir they were on Spueaks roadster. Squeak is not on the Hamb but can still be reached at Kiwi Konnection.

18. A Boner

A Boner

just dug............KQQL HOT ROD! :) I saw this in a rod mag.... which one was it?....I want to read about it.

[​IMG]

19. 32to40

32to40

Don Orosco is making the Orr caps I believe. Not cheap but very nice quality.

20. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

21. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Most of these have been posted previously, but here are some new views. The third one is a ringer; it's actually an aluminum stamping:

Attached Files:

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Wheelkid, are you thinking about making something like these? I studied them for a while, thinking about making a new design for a project of mine, but eventually took an easier way out.

I doubt that this is a huge market -- accessory caps for Kelseys -- but I think that a useful number could be sold if the mounting detail was something better than safety wire.

23. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The one above marked Edmunds above has an allen screw at the end of one of the knock offs that tightens and cinches the cap to the wheel, very simple design.

24. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Actually We've already had some cast. But we'd like to change the design a little. Right now they look exactly like 50's Chrysler wire wheel hubcaps but snap into the kelseys.

So I'm looking for ideas on how to change it. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Jimmy

25. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

1960 ford wagon it has 15x8 and 15x10 chrome reverse the inside hubcap is a 1974 I think! dodge special order 14" hubcap called a sunburst. center is cast I took the hubcaps apart and used the center screwed onto a small hubcap. the chrome reverse are the old oem style ford with the three bumps to the outside

Attached Files:

26. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

picture of just hubcap on wheel I had to go out and find it on my computer

Attached Files:

27. cruzr

cruzr

who if anyone is making the "edmunds" cap, i am salivating over for my track roadster, have 35 wires on it now and regular early caps

28. LowFat48

LowFat48

here`s another

Attached Files:

29. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What's on that shifter's roadster that was in TRK? Are those the Vedas?

30. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The Edmunds cap is a Briz Bumpers cap that someone had the Edmonds CNCd into. Only a few sets were made.