Register now to get rid of these ads!

Casey ....we Need To Help Him Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skotz, May 6, 2008.

1. As a lot of you have heard on here, OUR Collin CASEY popped something in his back while at the drags last weekend(after running only a few of his signature 40 passes!).
    I am posting this "WITHOUT" his permission:eek:....but with approval of some of his friends:).
    He doesn't have any insurance. Luckily Rusty gave him a free 1st trip to the chiropractor prize that he got.....BUT, tomorrow he has to pay for visit #2, etc. He has a shop slab payment due real soon, groceries and etc:(. Most of us are in a lot better shape right now and I and some of his friends would like to help him out. Just think of all of the entertainment that he has given us with his posts/drag racing/and general bull shit:)....He lives for Hot Rods. Here's one way that YOU can help......remember, he is not the one asking, his friends are!
    MONEY:D....yea, I don't care if its 1 buck or a 100 bucks....make checks out to him, or if you would rather make them out to me and I'll turn them into cash and get it to "our friend in a real need". (Address to send to below)
    Hell, I used to "not like" Casey a few years ago, and now I'm going to bat for him...."he kind of grows on ya" after a while.

Skot Ingram
    11303 RR 2222
    Austin, Texas 78730
    512 589 3686

Disclaimer: this message was not approved by / or endorsed by the candidate above....fuck him, some of us are gonna help him out anyway!!!!

2. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Here is our "Collin" when he would have been making his 40 some passes. You know this guy has to be down when they call "flat head class" and he can't get up ----- [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We love you Collin

3. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Put me down for $500 --- wife and i both been through this more than once. Can be a long time on the mend and a lot of money to get you there. Ron

4. Rusty

Rusty

I am in, going out tomorrow

Rusty

5. bigken

bigken

You can count on me, and I'll let the rest of the Torques know. We have a meeting tomorrow night.

6. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

THANKS! For helping out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Von Franco

Von Franco

I`ll be sendin out $25.00 for now and maybe more later...............
    Endsville Franco............

8. I'll send you 50 bones & hope that every little bit helps.

I'll also claim the fault, for not showing w/ my jalopy ass truck. If I'd have been there this wouldn't have happened. I told him I'd try to make it to run w/ him in the Flathead Class & didn't show, ha. Damn shop cars!

I'll send it to you Skot. What a great thing you're doing for this guy, ha.

Really, good job on your part & all that participate in getting him back on his feet.

9. How about a PayPal address to send help? I'll pitch in. Karma is a good thing.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you want to help him, get him the hell away from a chiropractor and to a real doctor...

11. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

amen to that

12. seatex

seatex

Skotz, I'm in for a hunnert, I'll mail it to 'ya tomorrow.
    Ryan, can we do an auction to raise some dough? jb

13. Rusty

Rusty

Based on talking with Casey at the track, I knew he had a prior condition that had gotten better a few years back. He was not too sure what happened. He blamed adjusting valves on the flatty for a few hours on Thursday. The gift my dad won at the track consisted of a free adjustment, and free x-ray. We were hoping that the x-ray would show how bad the damage was and if it was to bad then he would send him down the road to the doctor. I have mixed emotions about them too but for free it was worth a shot. Maybe we can raise enough dough to get him to a better doctor.

Rusty

14. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

All the money from sales of my movie " Hot Rod Round Up" for the next week will go to Casey:) if you want a copy go to www.hotrodroundup.com I called him on the phone yesterday, he played it down, but I think we need to help him. After all if we have no Casey we'll have no one to rip on!:)

15. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

and I ment to say I'll match It dollar for dollar!!:) up to a point of course( I don't have an endless supply of money either!)

16. senior fried

senior fried

Way to go guys, I'm in, Thanks Skot for starting this thread.

Attached Files:

17. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

I agree with Rusty that the chiropractor was at least worth a try. No chiropractor in today’s world, with malpractice litigation, is going to take x-rays, see something major and take the liability of adjusting a patient. To me it would be better to go to the chiropractor first then end up with unnecessary back surgery. And, I think it was great of Danny to give Casey his gift certificate.

18. Be mailing out today check for $100.00
    Come on HAMBers lets get Casey back in that coupe and on the strip...

19. Count me in. Ill be sending out some cash tomorrow.

20. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

21. pitman

pitman

Thanks to Ryan, your vision makes this kind of response possible!

22. Wow, I had more pain relief from chiropractic than any drugs. Anyhoo, I hate to see him in pain, we had a blast on Congress last month. I am a little strapped, but I'll be sending something anyway.

23. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

This is what it is all about!!!!!!! Thanks. Ryan thank you for this forum!!!! Ron.

24. Zumo

Zumo

Yeah he is going to need a MRI. Probably a disc problem and may need surgery.

25. Got ta meet an' hang with Collin a little at the Roundup, good guy. A friend in need is a friend indeed. As they say, 'check is in the mail'! I'm havin' to do the same deal now (chiro/decompression) and WITH insurance, my part is just over $2200. Let's help a good hand get back in his ride!
    Keep flyin' the flathead flag Casey! Hang in there! Thanks for your time on this Skot. (round of applause for the airman.........)

26. MRI is NOT cheap.

27. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Thanks again to Danny for passing on the GC to Collin:D - we found out later the chiropractor was at the race all day. He might have been able to do something then if we had just paged someone:confused:. Collin is working on the guy to get him on the HAMB ---- That boy never stops promoting:eek:

Another big thanks to all who are giving their support on this - he would do the same for any of us!!!!!

28. BBobb

BBobb

i will second and third that!!!!!!

29. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

OOHhh!! You know that's going to leave a mark!! Casey, I've been there and I know how painful it can be therefore, I'm going to send you some help. I also wanted to mention that the chiropracors (sp) can sometimes help sometimes not. A lot of people swear by them but personally I've never found them to help. On the other hand, an orthopedic doc is going to do extensive testing before he operates on a patient with no insurance and it's going to be expensive. So what's a guy to do? Here in Corpus there is an ad on the TV about a new machine that you lay on and it slowly stretches your back out and people say it works better than anything they have tried in the past. When my back does this, I lay on the floor and pull my knees up to my chest and hold them there for about 30 seconds, then repeat. After about three times you'll feel better. The other thing I do is lay on the floor and put my legs up and over an ottaman to relieve the pressure on the back. You can lay there and relax a while and watch TV or listen to music. Laying on your stomach will make it worse in most cases. Go on line and look up exercises that will help you get relief. I wish you well and hope this helps. I don't know you but I wish you well and hope things work out. Good luck, with the good folks on the HAMB and some prayers, I think we can get you thorough this. From now on take it easy man and don't be so hard on yourself...Aman:D

30. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Just ordered!!!!! Thanks Paul!!!!:cool: