Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Carter WCFB Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmics, Apr 3, 2016.

1. So Ijust rebuilt my first WCFB.

On the test engine its drawing fuel thru the primary boosters allowing only a high idle speed and stalling at lower RPM.

If it was a Holley I would suspect high float levels,should I consider this problem along the same lines?

Also - there is a spring under the vaccum piston that when installed pushs the metering rods up and out of the seats. Is this correct?
    (I currently have the spring out now to allow the metering rods to sit in the seats)

Thanks in advance.

Oldmics

2. Send a pm to carb king.

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The metering rods should not be out of the jets with the cover on, it what holds them in when the engine is not running. I have taken the cover off with the engine idling and the rods are down. If I raise the engine speed the rods lift.

4. Bump - for the mourning crowd

Oldmics

5. Andy

Andy

The power piston should not come up far enough to let the rods come out of the holes. I have never seen this from running these carbs for 55 years. Your needles are not seating or the seats are leaking. Take carb and hold it upside down. Blow in the fuel inlet and see if anything is leaking. I have never seen a leaking float but I guess it is possible. See if any slosh.

Oldmics likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy

Another thought. The tips of the rods may be broken off. They are sometimes very thin and delicate. I will get you a length and edit this.
    -
    Edit, The rods are 3 1/16" from tip to top of loop.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Oldmics likes this.
  7. 1959 F100

1959 F100

Is he a member on here? I have had a similar issue with My WCFB