Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Carter 4070 mounting location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gareth Bell, Apr 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gareth Bell

Gareth Bell
    from San Diego

So tired of all the fuel system trouble I've been having. Finally got my new tank in the 52 styleline and have everything installed. im still running my old incorrectly installed elctric fuel pump, which is bound to die any day now. I have a Carter 4070 to install, but I have no idea where I'm going to mount it so it'll be close to and below the tank. Has anyone else run into this issue? Needing some pictures for some ideas

2. it doesn't have to be below the tank, the one i installed in my car [different] is slightly above the tank.

3. Gareth Bell

Gareth Bell
    from San Diego

My issue is also there's no where to mount it so it will be close enough to the tank where it won't contact exaust, suspension, ect. Is there a in take fuel pump they make for the original tanks?

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Tanks Inc. has some info regarding adding an in tank pump. Look at their website. I have the Carter 4070 on my F100 and also had one on a 46 coupe I sold a while back, it takes awhile to find that good spot to mount it but they sure work good.

5. mkubacak

mkubacak

6. saltracer219

saltracer219

The P4070 is a real good pump. They are made to push fuel, not pull so mounting it as close to the tank as possible is the best. I have run one on my 40 ford for over 20 years with no problem.