Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Carson top/interior restoration on Valley Customs 40 Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Great post.

It is educational to watch how Tom uses digital photography combined with those post-it-notes to document all important dimensions as he tears things apart. Definitely a trick I've not done enough of. I usually end up jotting things down on paper and also take a separate photo, but I don't combine the two into one.

I would guess that he took so many photos mostly for his benefit upon rebuild.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I've been using a sharpie and 3x5 recipe cards lately. The nice thing is, if you get a box of zip lock type bags, you can throw the cards in with anything you take out!

Of course, I've not tackled a Carson top but it is on my list of things to try!

Thanks, Rik, nice work putting this together for us and Tom is a jewel. His work is stunning. You can recreate but it takes a master to restore something like that.

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

what a super post! thanks

4. I know this is a very old thread,but I'd love to see more pics of the making of the back seat.

5. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

You are a smart man for not just ripping off the top like most guys would do.Taking photos and documenting every detail pays off later. You do awesome work.