Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cars & Trucks with a rake,all invited to this thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Reds 29

Reds 29

2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

When I was introduced to one of the coolest Sedan Delivery Model A hot rods, I was totally impressed. My wife even asked me if the Model A sedan delivery was for sale. (No, it wasn’t and I did not ask…)

One of my favorite photos is of the 1928 Ford Sedan Delivery that was once owned by Lee Bright and before that, his brother, Jack in the early 60’s.
    upload_2023-12-24_3-59-37.png
    The sad thing is that Lee and sedan delivery are gone now, but these memories will always linger… I was so proud that the photos came out well and I was glad that my investment in a 2.25 x 2.25 Mamiya Twin Lens Reflex Camera paid off with some great shots. Who says larger isn’t always better? These slides and negatives were crystal clear…So the rest was up to the photographer to capture the moment.

Jnaki

upload_2023-12-24_4-0-33.png Jack Bright: early photo: Thanks: San Diego Prowlers

“Mother Truckers…" did have a life before the big makeover. The original concept for the sedan delivery was to chop it, put it on a rake stance and give it some cool mag wheels. Lee Bright’s brother had done so with this sedan delivery. When it was now Lee’s turn at adding his touch, the overall look changed and became one of the nicest Model A sedan delivery hot rods in So Cal and even the USA.
    upload_2023-12-24_4-2-14.png

Note:

But, how would one get a nice Christmas Tree inside the tight quarters? Why, wrapping it with early versions of Saran Wrap popularized in the 1950s.
    upload_2023-12-24_4-3-24.png upload_2023-12-24_4-4-1.png 1959

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ...