Register now to get rid of these ads!

cars that TWIST and SHOUT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superstockcatalina, Apr 3, 2008.

1. i have only seen two cars twist the rear suspension off the line so hr that the passenger side of the bumper scrapes, one is mr 409 and if these pictures work woull see and one was a black 60 i saw on a speed channel commercial, anyone have more pictures of50s and 60s cars doing this? and what type of suspension are these guys running? is it stock [​IMG]coils w/o the bars on the drivers side????[​IMG]

2. Tony

Tony

this one?

Attached Files:

3. Neat to see but modern HP tied to old tech chassis is what does it. Those same cars with a real drag suspension would launch straight.

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Good ol GM 3 link rear suspension at its finest!!

5. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

That's awesome ... must be a real rush having your seat torqued way up in the air like that.

6. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

that would be too scary for me, id have to put some suspinsion on it so it would launch straight. just look at puddins' 55 damn thing drives like a dream and is fast as hell!!!

7. true, i love drag racing and i know going straight and keeping the wheels down is best, and wheel stands are getting boring unless its shakey puddin but you never see cars twisting like that normally more then three inches, not three feet ahahahah yeah thats the 60 i saw, im sure........bitchin

8. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

There used to be a 65 chevy, midnight blue that ran at the midnights in Tulsa say probably 10 years ago that would do the same as your 409 chevy... freaked us all out when it launched!!

10. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

It's a good show, but not something I would not want to drive...When we race any of these guys ( that have cars with these characteristics) I keep a wary eye on the other lane...Many times they go astray..and into my lane...most of the times we are playing the waiting game and get to see those antics...A properly set up car does not leave like that. But...it's a dam good show.

m.

11. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Stolen this from the recent sleeper thread, but I thought it fit well with this thread.

[​IMG]

12. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

this and the cars that do not have wheelie bars are ranked in my top ten list of idiots that should not be behind the wheel of a race car!! yeah its a great show but these fools are putting too many peoples lives on the line. God knows how many times ive seen these dummies pulling the wheels so hard that it unloads the rear tires and rides the bumper and when it comes down its pointed at the guy he is racing and ends up in the wall upside down. if you have a car twisting like that and your turning 8's in the 1/4, throw some suspension on it and watch it get in the mid 7's and it will still be a blast to drive.

13. true, it is stupid and dangerous, but fun to watch, safety is a huge thing for me too, but as far as a show goes, these cars are much more fun to watch than the average wheelstand. i could never drive those, but the torque alone just gives me goosebumps

14. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Could someone please explain what they did to the suspension or what they left off to make these cars do that? Curious minds would like to know. Isn't the mopar leaf sprung?

15. Tony

Tony

It is stupid, yet kind of cool as some stated..i have no reason why i think that though, i'm just goofy like that.
    I do wonder how much time is lost with the flex of the car like that...all that energy being wasted could probably bump up the et's a bit..60 ft
    There's gotta be a loss there...

16. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

ok somebody wanted proof that this statement is true heres a you tube video of a wheelie contest in '05 pretty kool stuff but it a little dangerous when these things launch so hard they unload the suspension. anf the other 2 are just regular drag races gone seriously bad..........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTAa-wd1Cs&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW83f6HKiVI&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtQc2PXF4&feature=related

17. moses

moses

lostn51 that was some good stuff there....jeffrey wow just noticed this is a old post..

18. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

That 63 is top notch. I love those old Impalas. Nothing like seeing an old heavy car like that drag racing.

19. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Here in Wichita back when I was a young buck, a place called "Pappy's Dyno Shop" ran one of these high-flyin' bowties at the drags. It was blue, with huge blood-red letters down the side - "The Eradicator".

Gawd! It was fun to watch that thing launch!

20. helmsville

helmsville

these are sum grate pic's

21. drfreeze

drfreeze

22. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Pretty nice but heres my answer to showing off on the street, unfortunately a real good friend and the county government that has been promoting this event for years is being sued for this........

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  23. drfreeze

drfreeze

no more street racing for me . I'm a pro tree kind of guy and that's why I joined HAMB see things in a whole other light

24. S.F.

S.F.

Now thats the real way to "three wheel" your car.....dont need no stinkin Hydro's