Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars that make me go yea!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1Bad67, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 1Bad67

1Bad67

First of all I really want to like shinny paint, and I really do strive for it on my cars. So why is it that most of the cars I drool over have shinnier wheels than paint???
    [​IMG]
    \[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

judging from the pics you posted, I'd say you already answered yourself. The flat and satin have made a major comeback.....why?..... cause they just look better on a hotrod imo

3. Because the wheels are polished and the paint is flat????

Some cars look good in flat paint or even primer. I like them as well as any other traditional build. Traditional being the operative word here. Face it painting a street rod flat doesn't make it traditional. What floats my boat and perhaps yours is the traditional build if that is what you are into.

The whole flat thing has become a fad, not all cars from any period was flat or satin any more than all cars from a specific period being shinney or metal flake or whatever.

I try and look at the entire car and see if it is what I like. Past that it doesn't matter to me if its shinney or not.

OH yea I ment to say that 5 window coupe is the bomb. if it belongs to anyone who reads this post you got it in spades brother.

4. moefuzz

moefuzz

suede is good

5. 1Bad67

1Bad67

I think it's cause they look like someone is still workig on them. It ain't cool when they are in primer and finished.. It's like running one of those fake fuel injection thingys covering a carb.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

All those cars posted are just plain nice cars. I think they'd still be nice if they were shiny or satin.

7. big bad john

big bad john

.....just a matter of choice......

8. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Maybe with the exception of the pro street truck, I dig all the cars you posted. BUT.... I think they would look even BETTER shiny black.

9. church is right. i feel the same way

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That pickup could be saved.

11. its chopped already....

and its been shaved and most likely back halfed since the bed has sheeting and its tubbed.

12. smarg

smarg

I think the clash of flat/satin paint against shiny wheels and all that intrigued people to do something different. That genre anyways.

More than likely someone started driving their unfinished rod around with new wheels, but hadn't got to the paint.

Its almost industrial, with a little wow factor on it.

13. mj40's

mj40's

This one does it for me. Belongs to bobbooth here on the H.A.M.B.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing wrong with a chop. I could re-back-half it, with a full width axle. Bed sides can be had.

Some nice panel paint, peaked hood, frenched headlights, a pair sunken antennas, some nice hubcaps and peep mirror.

See it in your mind's eye now?

Oh, and put the windshield divider trim back in.

15. #1 Wheels are necessary, shiny paint is not.

#2 Nice looking wheels are usually cheaper than a nice paint job.

Yeah, I know, that's not exactly what you asked but it's a good reason for having shiny wheels before having shiny paint.

16. haha no, not for me, a choped truck is a lost cause to me. trucks shouldnt be chopped unless they are model A'S and 60's styling leadsled doesnt do it for me with a truck AT ALL,but to each his own.

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Just think how really nice those same great cars would be with a finish paint job. The shock may knock you down.

18. 1Bad67

1Bad67

Don't get me wrong.. I love shiney ones too, but just going thru the pic's I've saved of cars that really move me, lots of them aren't finished.. Heck lots of them aren't even runners yet. I guess I'm just really more drawn to projects than finished cars.

19. Man,..that Deuce 5 window is awesome!.....I generally like primer and weather-worn paint on old cars & trucks, but this shiny one looks great!
    [​IMG]

20. ...this is about as shiny as my cars get, mainly cuz I bought it with this paint; it still has some primer spots here and there...
    [​IMG]

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

OH DAAAAANG!!!

[​IMG]

22. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Coby has the #1 YEA car/van as far as I'm concerned.
    C,mon Coby don't be shy post some pics of that Awesome van of yours!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  23. Chad

Now there is something just right about this one isn't there. its not the paint its the car my friend. The paint is just part of the picture.

24. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

V-butt windshield, smoothed mirrors ... this one's a street rod in disguise.

25. Bull

Bull

The 32 5-window was for sale here on the HAMB by tommy v not too long ago.

26. newpy383

newpy383

I like the flat look on a daily driver. I spend alot less time worrying about scratches and where to park. I Have always wondered if i painted it if i would drive it as much as i do now. I guess i am a little off topic. sorry.

27. I saw this at "Cruisin' Ocean City" last spring. I loved all the "copper plumbing trim" and just the right amount of "patina"! (There's that word again...)

Attached Files:

28. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

Now that looks good.