Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cars stolen at Good Guys Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pprather, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

That's why I like this forum.....there's always someone who gets offended at a little joking..........and as I noticed...not every post on here has been point on about a car stolen........sorry you got offended

2. tomcurnow

tomcurnow
    from Los Angles

The problem with On Star is you have to tell them the car is stolen. Check Arrowtrack by Eclipse in Whittier Ca. Works like a charm, it sends a text message to you if car is tampered with, then you can track it online. Call cops and tell them exactly where your car is located. if the power is cut it has a backup battery, and you are notified. Much better than On Star, about $500 plus $100 yrly, most ins co give you a credit, so may not cost a penny on a high end car

3. k9racer

k9racer

As on a earlier reply . If you mark your parts the police can NOT check soc sec numbers but the can check drivers lic numbers. Be sure to use the state as the prefix. Like Al 1843265. This works as I was able to get a set of stolen heads recovered. I think the cars are in shipping containers and over seas, A large number of BMW and high dollar europ cars were found in containers bound to the former ussr.. A lot of cars are shipped to the arab country's. If you found it you would have no way to recover. The guys who had their property stolen were violated and I fell sorry for them..

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Just my two cents but, I think the overseas deal is unlikely because of Indys distance to any port. I bet the cars are stored in the area and the thieves are waiting for things to cool down. They may not be smart enough to know that they took something that would generate so much interest. There are a lot of car guys on the surrounding police departments and they will spot the cars if they show up somewhere.

5. ..too bad they were stolen; but if I had that kind of money, I'd hire armed security 24/7 to keep the car safe.

6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

New novel idea hotel with security gates and cameras at the gate you check in and you have a code to use the gates and the parking lots are fenced ! these kind of cars really need to be in a vault !! I would pay extra !

7. A Boner

A Boner

If you live in a bigger city, do some checking, stolen cars is an epidemic. I'm talking about (mostly) regular cars. With hobby cars, it just seems extra bad. The number of vehicles stolen is not a highly published number, but it is high. See if you can get a number from the city near you, and post it .........the H.A.M.B. will be surprised.

8. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Probably went right into another waiting enclosed trailer and back on the highway with all the other trailers leaving that day,Police cannot stop every enclosed trailer on the road/hwy.. Alarm system on the trailer and gps on the car would be a small investment for a high dollar car

9. musclecars

musclecars

I've seen this truck in person many times and it sucks that some lowlifes had to steal it.This pic was taken at Frog Follies this past August,hope it's a better pic for those on the lookout for it.I hope you get it back,HAMB friendly or not[​IMG]

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just wonder how many of us have an "outdated" smart phone with gps locator capabilities sitting in the drawer at home because they got a new one with more features that they could put on their phone program for about 10 bucks a month and then hide it and a dedicated small battery to power it for several days longer than the phone battery. We located my daughter's Droid in a few seconds after she figured out it was missing and after the cop left the "prominent local citizen's house and my daughter set off the phone's alarm from her computer it got returned to the store it came up missing at as "found in less than 30 minutes.

11. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

Tommy, You would be surprised how many containers are loaded out of Indy every day. One of my main customers loads containers with everything imaginable every week. They go from here to Chicago by truck and then to Long Beach or Savannah GA by train depending on the destination. I am with another poster, I would bet they went right into a hauler and out of state before anyone knew they were gone. By the way, how are you doing, thought I might see you at Spam a rama. Guess that old Ford wont run in the rain.....:)

12. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man it scares the hell out of me to go to any big show now a days and spend the night in some hotel. How could you get any sleep knowing that your baby is in some strange parking lot and thieves are cruzing around looking to steal one.. I do like the ideal of hiding a cell phone with gps though...

13. elba

elba

This opens up a chance for security guards at car events to make a buck. Somehow the hotels and the patrons could figure out how to pay a guard OR OFF DUTY POLICEMAN to walk the parking lot at night. Maybe charge a small fee for
    each patron that has a car. I would gladly pay.

14. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Well I hope the cars are in the "hood" somewhere but you have forgot more about car transport than I know. Had to miss the open houses, My body was doing its own "o-rama" that weekend. Doing good now almost recovered and back to work in two weeks.

15. bustingear

bustingear

While I hate crooks ...could the owner be inflating value for insurance? Comeon it's not one of the first ferrari's off of the line.

16. bustingear

bustingear

They would put a chain around the axle and drive by real fast and that would be the end of it.

17. The red extended cab pickup rod and a couple others stolen last week have been recovered. No word on the condition of the vehicles yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.