Register now to get rid of these ads!

CARS & PARTS Magazine being discontinued

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47Plym, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Also other Amos Press publications - Mopar Enthusiast, Pontiac Enthusiast,
    Corvette Enthusiast, Camaro, Mustang and Muscle Car Entusiast. Times
    are tough in the magazine industry.

They will be merged with Cars & Parts into a single magazine called Auto
    Enthusiast.

This info came from Richard Lentinello's editorial comments in Hemmings
    Classic Car December 2010 issue.

Just passing it on in case anyone is interested.
    I've subscribed to C & P since the 1970s. Not so many ads, but had
    good articles about cars.

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Power of the internet.

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I stopped subscribing to that rag about 10 years ago. I'm amazed they were still publishing all this time. I recall almost every article was written by the same guy (can't recall his name). Whenever they were documenting a restoration, it was "throw out this fender with the minor dent and buy a new one from one of our advertisers". IMO, them going out of business is no big loss.

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I have had little or no success finding this magazine for at least 10 years. Most of the bookstores had them back in the 90's. I found one at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. I don't bother trying to find them anymore, since you can view the whole magazine on their website and it's free.

BTW: November issue had the story of the great hydramatic fire in it. For the most part the writer did a very good job, but was incorrect in saying that a 50 Powerglide was a Dynaflow with a different name. Two different beasts that behaved the same.

5. I loved C&P back in the late 70's and early 80's. Even though I was a hot rodder I loved the articles on the stock restos. They also had excellent articles on how to's like making your own gaskets, rebuilding your wheel cylinders and master cylinder, steering boxes and such. For the most part no one does that anymore they just call 1-800 parts.

Their resto articles on the 57 chevy and the Ford Vicky are still world class articles today and would be tuff to beat.

Sad to see them go.

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I guess my DMV will hate that unless the new one keeps putting values in the new mag. My DMV uses it to determine if you paid 'to little' for your car. if your bill of sale is below the value listed for the condition,you are paying the value the mag states in regard to taxes.

7. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Just passing it on in case anyone is interested.
    I've subscribed to C & P since the 1970s. Not so many ads, but had
    good articles about cars.[/QUOTE]

"Not so many ads, but..."
    Well that says it all. Everybody hates advertising but can't seem to make the connection with profitablility and survival.

8. F&J

F&J

There were great articles in the 70s and a little later. lots of good stuff if you like older antiques and classics.