Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Cars of American Graffiti

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

AG to me brought back so many old memories. Cruising, street racing, drive in restaurants, looking for hide and the 58 Impala. I had a black 58 Impala, black interior, 348, 280 HP and three speed on the column. Nosed and decked with Atlas Bucron tires. A fun car back in the day. AG was not a myth. Thats exactly the way it was back in the early sixties. I feel sorry for those who never got to experience what I call the hot rodding hay day. About the only thing we can do now is pop in the AG DVD and wish we were there. At least my last three cars have been a 62 Impala wagon, a 63 Belair 2 door post and my current 64 Biscayne 2 door post. Kinda puts me in the correct tie frame.

Gary

mad mikey likes this.
  2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Ray Evernham just bought the '58 Impala that was featured in the movie and is restoring it. I also cruised El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego in the fifties.

3. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

When I asked this Icon about some of the details on the piss yellow deuce coupe she replied:"It is just a movie Lou so do not dissect it just dig it" LARS 2015(2) 079.JPG .....

4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Saw the movie at the drive-in when it came out. Took our family hot rod, my avatar, and watched it sitting on the tailgate. I was 13.

5. Umbra

Umbra

It was a fun flick.

This was kinda like the raunchy, dumber and lesser known version of AG:

http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=80881

Cool cars though, and fun to watch while playing "Drunken Name That Car"

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

AG in my estimation is the best hot rod movie of all time.

Gary

LOU WELLS likes this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My son had a pair of maroon jackets emblazoned with "Hollywood Knights" on the backs in silver-white thread by a lady that used to do it for car clubs...
    We went to a couple of local 'runs' in his ultra-cool '27 Track T Nose car, guys are askin' "Wow, is that club still goin'? Is Tony Danza really a member?"
    "Suure..."

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That Ranchero was chopped by Salinas Hero Rod Powell, around '78 (?)
    Former partner Gary Mylar bought it, moved to Gilroy, passed away in '09.
    Last I heard, it had some candy apple flames...

9. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I went to see the movie at a local 'drive-in' theatre when I was 16 in 1975....took a date, and I remember she wanted to 'cuddle' and whisper stuff in my ears ...in my mom's 4-door sedan...and all I wanted to do was watch the cars and eat vast amounts of popcorn, pointing to the cars with wide-eyed enthusiasm ....she wasn't too impressed with any of the movie apparently, and I was hooked pretty bad into the whole car/hot rod thing after that moment in time....having suddenly ''seen 1st hand'' what was possible and music put to it, ...justified within my own head....oh yeah, I was hooked bad!~~the 'date'~~nope, not so much!:confused:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    LOU WELLS likes this.