Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cars From Milwaukee Wisconsin, SE WI, and Northern Illinois....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Dec 4, 2015.

1. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Nice ‘65! I should know the car if it is from the Milwaukee area but it does not ring a bell. I was at that event with one of my Messerschmitt’s.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I just noticed the MG with the tan too in the background of the Comet photo, it looks like Johnie Reimer’s MG. If it is his car it is by far the best built (modified) MG I have ever seen. John built it as a tribute to the MG he raced in the ‘50’s. Tube frame, trick suspension, widened steel fenders, small block chevy, four speed, and scary fast. Johnnie past away a couple of years ago and the last I heard the MG was on the West Coast.

3. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I just came across this photo of Tim Young’s cammer powered T. Not sure where the picture was taken, note the flamed Econoline van, it screams ‘70’s. (So does the halter top on his
    co pilot)
    Jim
    CE689A8F-FEBB-43FC-9E7C-727A6EB95A38.jpeg

4. Don__two

Don__two

Wow! Thanks for posting that pic of Tim Young and his T. Think that style Econoline van came out in '75, so it and the yellow Wisconsin plates help date the picture a bit. I saw the car twice, but it was parked both times. Wish I could have heard it!

I can't remember if someone told me or I read it someplace, but does anyone know if it is true that Tim had worked at R&B Automotive? I assume this would have been before he had the Brake Shop.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

img793.jpg Still looking for the history of my roadster. It was a drag car and I found it in Sun Praire Wi. It had the torque tube striped black and white. Thanks Gary

6. titus

titus

These two were recently pulled out of very long term storage in Jefferson Wi, no history known other than the Model A was bought it 1963 i think, driven a little then put into storage when the motor blew up. no history at all on the 32, but looking at it i think it had an FE ford motor in it but hard to tell. Im not sure if the model A had a flathead or a sbc, was told sbc but had evidence of a flatty, i had a nailhead laying around so it went in it.

IMG_1787.jpg IMG_1796.jpg IMG_1804.jpg IMG_2095.jpg