Register now to get rid of these ads!

cars converted into farm machinery thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scratchtown, Oct 30, 2010.

1. scratchtown

scratchtown

lets see all the wild cars trucks converted to farm machinery here is a model a converted into a tree machine built by my sons great grandpa for his tree service in the 50"s

Attached Files:

2. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Like the seat choice.

Those old tractor/implement seats are more comfortable than they might seem at first glance. Back in my serious drinkin' and chasin' wimmen days there was a roadhouse on Rt 7 in Vermont that had 'em topping off the bar stools..........

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

No pics, but a number of years ago I bought a '29 Model A 2 door Sedan from an older gentlemen who lived deep in the woods in North Eastern Minnesota. He had his own saw mill since he had cut all his own lumber for his house and sheds. The neat part was that saw was powered by a mid 30's Buick Straight 8. That thing sounded great when cutting through a big stick of pine. He also had a home brewed A powered tractor not unlike the one above.

4. Search 'doodlebug' lots of tractor conversions there.

5. notice the door , I think it says US MAIL

Attached Files:

6. 067chevy

067chevy

To bad the welded the back fenders.

7. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

I don't have any pictures of it, but a member of my family took a John Deere B, put a mustang four speed behind the Deere tranny and then added a 2 speed rear end. The only 70 mph tractor I have ever seen. Scary as hell. Damn thing had like 32 gears.

8. me and my boy just picked up a 49 dodge (heap) from down the street we traded a gun for it .....that truck is a peice of farm equipment the dude gave us a whole set up for the rear its a old jack with a brace and different size sprockets that bolt on over the rear tires so you can run all types of farm equipment.....does anyone have any pics of this type of set up actually working

9. primus2010

primus2010

Bought my 1937 Dodge D5 from a farmer, he chopped the back off the car off to haul hay.....this was the first night I got it home.

[​IMG]

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Really, I would love to see a pic of that.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Jims35

Jims35

Okay ,how about these ?

Attached Files:

12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I think this was the start of the "rat rod" movement. Butch/56sedandelivery.

13. I worked at a Massey dealer in the 70's and the parts manager put a 350 /350 turbo in an M&M tricycle tractor .
    One Sunday he asked the town cop what the speed limt was on a tractor , the cop just laughed at him .
    About 15 minutes later he flew by the cop on the M&M doing about 50 and was that cop mad . the cop pulled him over and after a good chewing out he told him that the spped limit was what ever was posted and that the tractor had to had a slow moving vehicle triangle on it .
    Brian

14. i have a model A doodle bug with a TT rear, only one tranny, 20 inch meats on the rear with chains. it has an old spring pan seat and in forth gear you gotta hang on!

15. 1952henry

1952henry

Not unheard of in northern snow states for mail carriers to mount larger tractor or bomber tires on a Model A or early V8 to get through winter snow and spring mud. I have an uncle with a Model A coupe sporting bomber tires, no fenders, and a 30 gallon barrel converted for gasoline in the trunk.

It was a mail carrier, then used for advertisement for a trailer dealer, as the signs on the door suggest.

16. 1952henry

1952henry

People also cut cars down to mount flatbeds in WW2 to get more gas during the rations.

17. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Do misc car parts count?

Dad built this little tractor in the 70's to grade the area around the new farm house. Still sits in a pole shed. Nothing real special was needed. Here's pict with my dad and sister.

18. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

From Syracuse. Love the gas tank dashboard. Slim

[​IMG]

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yeah, but think how fast you could plow the south 40! :D

20. TERPU

TERPU

I know it was just an old car at one time and it was probably a depression era mod, But my goodness a '34 Tudor Sedan? Love the ingenuity, but my goodness a '34 Tudor Sedan. At least the floor won't rust, but my goodness a '34 Tudor Sedan.

Seems like reconversion would be a wonderful thing for this one,

Tim

21. scratchtown

scratchtown

22. scratchtown

scratchtown

this thing is Bad A$$

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Nah, better to go Muddin'.

24. Jims35

Jims35

Yeah, I don't no how old that picture is, I found it on the web someplace a few months ago. It may have been on the H.A.M.B. There was a story with it and I thought somebody was claiming it was still around, but I don't know. Be a good one to restore though.The model A was a kit you could buy back in the 30s , I think they were made for other cars too back then to get around in snow country with the mail service.I would like to research more of that someday.

25. About the only way I could top this would to have been in old Mr. Brown's turd brown 63 Chevy 4 door heading west on the Neoga blacktop.
    Word was that Wayne Andrews got out his Massey Harris 44 tractor. Two cars in Wayne's fencerow were 66 Impalas. I remember seeing the cars while standing on a rubber driveway made of tractor tread from Wayne being know how to sharpen tractor tires for pulling.
    Wayne's MH44 had a pair of tunnel rammed 427 Chevy engines with white header tubes pointed to the sky, Cragars on the front, good lookin tractor when I was 10.
    Word was Wayne and Jerry were playin' one day, took the MH44 to the Neoga Road, turned left and lit the fuse, passed old Mr. Brown on a tractor. I can see Wayne's PallMall unfiltered cig burning back and the look on the face of 30 mph Mr. Brown...........
    My dad went to school with Wayne, RIP. Wayne's wife was one of my school teachers. My Dad went to school with Wayne and Jerry.
    Jerry had a 215 Buick mini rod puller, but that's another story in itself. NTPA has both of their names in the books.

26. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Found these in the vintage shots thread.

Attached Files:

27. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

A few more.

Attached Files:

28. This one was a 1929 Pontiac

Attached Files:

29. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I worked in the farm equipment industry for years and we had an old boy who had an early VW with only a drivers seat. Hauled everything in that old bug, but the day my jaw dropped was whe he showed up to get parts and I looked out the window to see a baby calf staring through the windshield back at me.

30. RichG

RichG

I believe that thing sits out in Galvin, Washington. There's a fellow out there that has quite a collection of old trucks and stuff set up for display out by the road. From what I've seen of that Model A, I think it's just thrown together...:D

A few pics of the guys collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]