Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars built from leftovers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugsy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. I have built some motors for myself from leftovers. One was the 440 I did for this Dart. I had a good block sitting around with very low mileage. Had good pistons OEM from a build along with spare crank and rods. Had a cam a customer had up-graded to full tilt and didn't want the old one so I had to supply oil pump, bearings, good rod bolts rings and gaskets. Did a set of heads up that I had laying around. Bought a Holley Street Dominator manifold and a 850 DP Holley which I gave a good flog too. Won every weekend but one with this one year at Old Mohawk in the run what U brung days in the 70s.
    Just finished a slant six for my gasser in similar fashion. After running a six in my rail for 8 years I have a few spares sitting around and put the motor together for just under $400. A .100" slant six (237) with a stiff cam. Buick pistons and the old big valve head from my rail. Still have the Old Offy 4 bbl and a spare 750 AFB so it will get the nod. Expect around 270HP. don mohawk.jpg

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Here's another one - The Frenchtown Family Truckster:

[​IMG]

Body:
    Home built steel using a '26(?) Chevy cowl, top of a 24(?) Chevy rad shell, and cast off '30 Ford 'glass fenders

Chassis:
    Home built using surplus DOM tubing - NHRA cert worthy

Running gear:
    Used (up) engine from my avatar altered; PG; narrowed-at-home 9" ford rear w/ 2.47 gears!

Best 1/.4 mile performance to date: 11.61 sec. Killer consistant with that 2.47 gear. Race winnings have more than offset construction costs.

3. And Ill bet fun level has the meter PINNED!
    Good stuff!
    don

4. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

Cant remember what forum I seen it but someone built a cowl from a dodge truck hood. If I find it again I'll post the link.

5. 63dan63

63dan63

050910P1010093.JPG 022110 P1010042.JPG mysedan3.JPG 062710 P1010104.JPG

This was a fun pile, ... project.

6. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Aren't most projects built from leftovers?

7. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

This is a friend's 35 Chevy roadster made from at least 20 x cars that he knows about that have been through his hands. He wheeled and dealed for over 10yrs before he retired to acquire everything needed to complete his quest and assemble it; cowl, 1/4s, fenders, doors, rear half, deck lid, hood, grill, suspension. The list goes on. Daily driver now, blue flame, triples and T400.

2011-07-17 12.26.01.jpg Rons 35 Master.jpg Rons 35 engine.jpg

9. Along those lines I put the 6 cylinder and auto out of an AMC gremlin in a '53 Ford once. I had the gremlin and screwed up title title and the '53 ford with a good title. Drove it for a week and someone had to have it, I told them several times what it was running and they said American motors, well a Ford is American isn't it? :)