Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars are stupid.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

NADS, geez, you sound like yer drinking my beer ??????????
    eveyone I think Nads needs a hug, gather 'round and lets give ol nads a hug OK!
    ((((((((((((((((NADS!)))))))))))))))))))))))
    there buddie, that feel better, you pathetic excuse of a human life form, LOL
    I love ya man
    FRITZ

2. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Shows are used to get ideas for your own ride that you don't take to shows.

3. I'm not even gonna bother replying to this dumbass thread..... oops, too late .........

4. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

I have a new hero now. Killer speaks more truth than most. Well said Brother.

5. There are so many facets to this hobby, it's mind boggling.

We start out as a newby... and then learn about those facets.

At the moment of full reality, on what they are, or what they entail... we may say "fuck you" and move on to the next fad... embrace them and build / drive on, or ride the facets in a 28-32 day cycle.

And if your cycle aligns with your old ladys cycle... you start typing stupid-talk.

Take two Midol, drive your hot rod... and report back in three days.

Sam.

[​IMG]

6. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

WTF??? (that wasn't a phone call.:D )

I have the second issue of TSR before it got stapled.:p

OK, let's start building a Kustom.:D

Freakin' racist!:p

7. guy51usa

guy51usa

I started building cars in the 60's snd today,s car people a re stupid too. Used to be if one was into cars no matter what other car people accepted and welcomed you. I am new to the town I live in so thought it was the town but it is what has happened to the hobby if you don't conform to standards or have big bucks in your ride you aint shit. What happened to loving cars being enough of a common denominator? I don't personally care for some of the body dragging shit on here but hey the owner builders are into cars so who really cares if if is"nt my type of car. It used to be a brotherhood of car crazy guys now it seems to be one more place for people with money to look down on us working class stiffs. Oh well life sucks then you die. Keepbuildin cars. Guy

8. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Geez..... When I started reading this thread, I thought the guy is looney. By the time I finished, I realized that he had something there. I'm in my second childhood,(since 30) ,so I have no excuse. We think the young bucks want to buy everything. Then we go to Cowboy Bob's farm for the Pig'n Piston show this last fall. I walked over to a shoebox Chevy, partially done, needing a lot of cosmetics yet. Building a '51 myself, the 1st place I looked was under the hood. What I saw was astonishing. A 454 , turbocharged, not once ,but two turbos , w/plumbing that was nothing short of astonishing, and homemade. And oh, but you had to hear it. I had a woody for a week. And next to this creation was a very humble young man in about his early twenties. At every show or get -together we see these guys(and gals). Most of them are hungry for what us old bastards can teach them. Yeah boys, hot-rodding is in greater shape than it ever was. It's gonna live on long after us old geezers are gone. This is the way it's been w/inventing through time. Not being content with what someone else has forced on us........Ole Pork

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

My dog hates the rabbit with pancakes its head.....so she killed it, and served it to me for dinner.....tastes like chicken......And cars arent stupid, but most of the owners are.

[​IMG]

10. Painterman

Painterman

Jason, you alright man? Call me and I'll take you hunting. Nothing like walking around with a gun and killing things to make you feel better and put things in perspective.

11. 53burb

53burb

Jason. You were such a well mannered gentleman when I met ya at the "CHOP".What happened? Just as long as you don't start calling us white folk "cracker" then all is well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go cut up another car or 2! KNUX!

12. Doug F.

Doug F.

This much is true! The first car I ever painted I did at the age of 15 and it truely was sprayed with a vacuum cleaner by using a (borrowed) gun made for that purpose attached to the exhaust side of a (borrowed) vacuum cleaner. Not low-buck, but no-buck. My best friend worked part time pulling weeds and such, and I had no job at all.

13. Doug F.

Doug F.

Oh, and I forgot to say... That paint job was as good as any I later did with a compressor and real gun! The essence of this hobby is the ARTISTRY. Some guys have it and some have to pay for it.

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

hey KILLER,,,,this sounds like a typical BUTT REYNOLDS rant.....

,,,soo,,, I WILL give you a TYPICAL "KILLER" reply......

...get back in the garage

:D:D:D:D:D ... p.s.SS ...i am DRUNK,hhaaa

15. I don't know about you Killer. Seemed like such a pleasant young man at the HAMB chop. I agree with you on the car shows,though. Get tired of seeing the same things. It's great when you see something new,taking DIY to another direction. I've been trying to teach my boys as much as I can,so they don't have to pay someone to do things for them. I started the Village Idiots thing just for that reason. Hate cruise nights! Wanted something where guys could get together and talk cars,ideas,lies,BS,just hang out. The HAMB has been a great thing to me,meeting others with the same likes and dislikes. Vent buddy,vent! Get it out..... and finish your car!

16. Hey Killer. You need a refill bro! Your glass is way more than half empty.:)

17. bustingear

bustingear

Ok it is all clear now ....NADS is the new GERM but cars still give me WOOD!

18. yep more doing and less hateing

and maybe i'm also just geting old but i remember a time (for me not the hamb) when any thing older was cool and i mean any thing 57 shive's 64 polara's model a's hell 73 dart's and now if it dont pass through my filter right i dont even see it

19. one word,,,, "gyrocopters"

20. ... you're building a fucking HOT ROD!

Make it YOURS!

oh my Mr.Killer !!!!!...i mean .....r u seriously asking that people have personality, individuality and the self confidence to say..."i don't give a shit what u think?"...heehee....from fifi, with love

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Isn't an Emo one of those 6 ft tall chickens?

Attached Files:

22. Cruiser

Cruiser

Killer,

I like what you have to say about our stupid cars etc.. I hate billet cars, glass bodies that no longer look like the real thing. There is just one grey area I'd like to clear up: There are two types of guys with the big bucks.

1. The guy who has a car built or buys one and knows nothing about hot rods. Ask him a question and you get well I, I don't or some bull shit. These are the trophy mongers and power parker's, high rolling assholes.

2. The second guy builds his own car has a lot of talent, skill, a great sense of design and has the bucks to build his dreams. He's worked hard to get to were he is and enjoys the rewards of his hard work. This guy is cool and you would like him. "Remember never to judge a book my its cover"

"Driver a cool short" - a '50's term for a cool ride

Cruiser 49:cool:

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ha Ha, DrJ thinks someone's older than him, funny, I'll have to remember that.

I feel a lot better today. Yesterday I changed the rotten door to my basement. The old one was fibreboard and it went the way of WillieG's underpants after a particularly brutalizing weekender. Not only did I change the door but I and the wife put up glass blocks to replace the equally rotted header. It was a great joy to do something other than cars and beautify my home at the same time. It was very tiring work but I can't tell you how rewarding it was, the wife's happy....er, happy..er. Afterwards my 16 year old daughter drove us to Viet Town and we got a real nice to-go meal and I never yelled at my kid even once for her wretched driving.

I replaced the shocks on my Chevy wagon on Saturday, they were the most worn out parts I think I've ever seen, they might even have been originals.

Progress, I think it helps to sit back and just relax a bit, nothing has to be an ordeal or a testament to ones worthiness, or lack thereof. I also learned another thing, it's sometimes good to tell your friends you're busy so don't come round, and it won't kill you to miss the swap meet once in a while.

I still hate emo kids, that didn't change, but I'm not quite as suicidal as I was on Friday, I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling my old pathetic self come the weekend.

24. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You beautify your house every time you leave...

Stop being such a curmudgeon, you have lots of friends and alot going for you. Glad to hear you had a good weekend you old sot.