Register now to get rid of these ads!

carrier lost 31 ford cab back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pq55, Apr 19, 2012.

1. pq55

pq55

I did bought a 31 pickup cab back from Hitchhiker, i arrange shipping thru a broker from WA to VT,apparently YRC lost the pallet in their depot at Maybrook NY.
    So if somebody saw a back cab for sale in this area please let me know.

Here the link to pic of the cab back.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600021

Thanks
    Pat

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. pq55

pq55

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

How the hell do they "lose" something that big ? :confused: I hope you had it insured. We had a moving company lose a bunch of our stuff when we moved from NC to California years ago, and they paid the claim but we lost family pictures and stuff we can never get back.

I don't think this stuff gets lost, I think some employee takes it.:mad:

Don

4. I'm still dumbfounded....what a bunch of fools.....If there is anyway I can help, let me know.

here are the pictures. My bet is something was placed on top of it or it on top of something and it got delivered with something else. The pallet is sturdy as hell and low to the ground. You couldn't see what was in it. I should have taken a picture of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

5. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

This sucks! was it insured? Hope it arrives to the door

6. pq55

pq55

i contacted YRC customer service directly today and they said they have alerted all depot for the missing pallet and assure me they will find it.
    Pat

7. Any news?

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I bought a 31 5W, when it got to my house, it was missing the decklid.

I went back to the onramp it got on at & sure enough it was right there to the right.

9. I work for UPS Freight and hate to be the bearer of bad news but they just say that shit to calm your nerves. If and when they find it, expect more body work than you expected before. Hope you get it but with our claims something like that is "used" and hard to get a good value on payout. Plus YRC owes money to everyone and their momma and its been rumored they were going out of business for the past 2 years or so. Best of luck.

By the way losing something is easy when some dipshit that works there or for us mislabels something puts it on the wrong truck anything can happen especially if its not labeled well. Chances are it got misloaded at one of the breakbulk terminals and is setting on the dock 1000 miles from where its supposed to be. (Hitchiker Im not knocking you man our companies are rough with the stuff cause they always want it in and then out not saying you didnt label it well but those pro#s and packing lists come off easy)

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. pq55

pq55

My broker filled the claim monday, doesn't seem i will get it.
    Pat

11. pq55

pq55

got the claim payment yesterday,they paid only the half of the insured value because it's was a used parts.
    I will never had parts ship from them again and hope many here will think about it before using the service of YRC Transport .
    Pat

12. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy shit..

13. UPS is just as bad!:mad: HRP

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's probably sitting in some warehouse next to that wood crate of hammer mill hammers that they lost for me 15 years ago. That was the only item they lost on me in six years and the one Item that I could not do without at the time they lost it.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

A Palet has been mentioned, was it in a large box as well? I've never added the weight of a palet to anything I've ever shipped. Bicycle shops have piles of boxes they will give you for free. Box cutter blades and tape aren't that costley. Bob

16. Fenders

Fenders

Well I guess it should have been insured for double, then 1/2 gets your money back....

WTF they should have given you full insured value -- accept the half payment "pro tanto" and sue for the balance.

17. It was crated and on a pallet. It was shipped truck freight. It's not something that you just stick in a card board box and expect to arrive on the other side of the country in one piece. I've seen what fork lifts do to sheet metal. Even the careful guys mess stuff up from time to time when you run one all day long. I know because I've done it.

I'm honestly not surprised that this happened. The whole YRC business is sloppy and unprofessional. The lied about missing the original pick up.....just a bunch of jokers. I really feel for Pat and wish there was something more I could do from my end. I can't believe they are only paying half the claim. Are they implying that a new cab back is worth twice as much as you got? I know I would buy all I could find at that price.. ;)

18. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

I can't believe they only paid out half! Used or not, the value is what you paid, period. Such BS.