Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carpet Kit question!! FORD SHOEBOX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holleywoodphoto, Feb 2, 2011.

1. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

So I replaced all the floor pans in my shoebox including the transmission tunnel with EMS floor kits.....Now I need to buy a carpet kit that will fit. I like the idea of the molded kits....any recomendations?

2. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

You can usually find molded carpet kits for pretty much anything on ebay, I have a couple buddies that bought them for Aircooled VWs and one for an Impala and the quality of the carpet was pretty darn good for the price. Usually can be had for 50s full-size Fords and Chevs for under $180.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

a molded carpet wont fit. the trans tunnel is different on the ems floors

4. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

Thats what I was afraid of....I was hoping someone out there had found a company that made some aftermarket kits to fit the EMS trans tunnel

5. shainerman

shainerman

Your best bet is just to do it all yourself. I have used the molded kits and while they are easy and fast, you can do it just as good yourself for really cheap. Ive carpeted a few from either a fabric store or generic automotive carpet for about 20 dollars and it is spot on with no guessing. I did my last shoebox for 14 dollars and its held up great.

6. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD