Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Carlsbad California cruise and show events.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Our son is relocating to Carlsbad and my wife and I are planning a trip there in December.
    I'm curious as to what goes on in the automotive community in that part of the state in early winter.
    Here in Massachusetts by December we're putting away most of our toys for a little rest and updating plus we're entering build time.
    Where to go, what to do in Carlsbad?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

try searching socalcarculture.com

3. Funny thing is even in a good weather state not a lot of shows go on in the "cold" months. Mooneyes Xmas show is one.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Tons of car-related stuff! Here's a local list of runs/cruises/shows, etc. ! I've lived here for thirty plus years. Look me up when you get out here, as there is always stuff going on that is not "published", too. There's also a weekly get-together near the famous flower fields, that goes on year-round.
    http://www.goodoleboyssandiego.com/events.htm

5. Probably outside of you time frame but one of the best swap meets for early Fords in Southern California is the "Big Three" held in San Diego in February. Check it out in Google or in the archives. To increase the probability of future trips what is your wife interested in?

Charlie Stephens

6. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carlsbad cars and coffee at the outlet mall Saturday mornings, there is plenty of the guys all along the 101 either getting a beer or some fish tacos. Just cruise down the 101 in either direction ( up to Oceanside or down to Encinitas) and you will see plenty. Lattin's collection is mind blowing but you need to know the right people to get in. There is a Xmas party run by Randy from HotRods and Custom Stuff that pulls in about 100 cars on Xmas eve too.

7. Thank you everyone for the tips and pointers.
    Carlsbad will make a nice break for us coming from the cooler New England region.