Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carlisle 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JCW2110, Mar 31, 2012.

1. 4rcFed

4rcFed

Just got back. Great day!:D Weather was a bit cool this morning but it turned out to be great in the afternoon.

Didn't score much, but enjoyed the exercise!!:eek: Didn't find what I needed, but just love to walk around. Seemed like car prices were unusually inflated beyond reality. But we found it odd to how many sellers were packing up in the early/late afternoon and were headed home.

Might have to try Hershey, as mentioned in a previous post.

2. olds vroom

olds vroom

Im now debating even going if people are packing up already,the only time iwent to Hershey it was like that at noon on Saturday 75% had left and the rest were packing. Can anybody tell me how full the lot is now --- 50% --75%?

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

getten ready to head out of here at midnite 2 nite to head to carlisle should be pullen in at 7 in the morn cant wait.

4. 5window

5window

Had a great day-kind of cold at first but it turned out nice. Got 90% of my list,plus som extras.The car car corral was ok-some nice looking golder cars were there. I thought the car corral,vender spaces and crowd were a lot more crowded than I have seen Carlisle in a long time. Maybe it's the weather-it' supposed ot be crappy tomorrow, but maybe
    things are turning around a bit,too.

5. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Hey Gashog,
    Thanks for letting us drop our parts off. My son and I had a great time and really appreciate you helping us out.

Hard to believe its been 28 years (on and off). Best part was sharing a passion with my teenager. Second best was learning more stuff about cars. Third, was getting the parts I needed. What a great time!!!

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best Carlisle I've been to in years! Found almost everything on my wish list, weather was just about perfect (I prefer colder than hotter) and the Vendors seemed to be selling, at least there was a LOT of stuff being carried out. Crowds on Friday was one of the largest I've seen in years.

Yeah, you can buy stuff on Ebay, but I like to see what I'm buying in person and I love the thrill of the hunt!

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Hello everyone...I survived another Spring Carlisle....only a little rain on Thursday night...a little chilly (damn cold) Friday night...good crowd in the north field...I had the second best total sales ever....it was great meeting old friends and makeing new ones...especially hambers....hope all the hambers liked the goodies....here are some pics of my stand in case you missed me....stan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  8. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks again for the Goodies, Lucky

9. Hey Tom great to meet you and thanks so much for the pit stop!

10. olds vroom

olds vroom

I got some great stuff and there was more venders than fall meets

11. tjm73

tjm73

Seemed like more vendors and more buyers than the last couple years. Good weather except the down pour Thursday night. At least it was after the show had "closed" for the day. Was pretty windy Friday until mid afternoon and then very nice.

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Thanks for all who stopped and said hello, even up a few bucks in sales over last year and that's a plus......But Colder than a brass brassiere wasn't it!!!
    Big Bob Moonlight Movies

13. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

We made a few trips to the truck. Sellers were selling, not just displaying.

One thing caight my eyes. Man, there are alot of "barn finds". I can see 8 barns from my place. 6 have cars in them, including 2 of my own barns. None are finds, they're just stored in there. When did barn find become so common? Or, am I missing a sales op?

14. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Awsome time. Im glad I went. Lot of cool people. Even hit Bob evans in Carlisle great food and it was so cheap. My buddys first time this year. I think I turned him into a lifer.

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Had a short Discussion with Carlisle H.M.F.I.C's on Saturday who told me the Friday spectator gate was second largest attendance in Spring Carlisle history. Saturday's attendance was down from the normal but still sold well both days. I personally did not set any "sales records" but I was up in sales for the first time at Spring Carlisle since 2006....that's a plus. Next meet for me is Canfield OH on May 4-6th and I understand vendor spaces are sold out....that's a nice little event

16. Hey, my pleasure - it was a great show and I along with my 4 buddies sold quite a bit of stuff, including long-time items we've been hauling back and forth to Carlisle for years. My buddy sold a 31 Ford 4-banger w/tranny, a rebuilt all-aluminum Rover 4.6L engine, a 56 Ford cab, a huge Phillips 66 sign, 40 Ford Std hood, 35-40 Ford frame pieces, among some of the larger items.

I have not stayed for Sat in the Spring for a couple years, mostly because I have a car show right in my town on Sat that I like to attend. Also, Sat has been a "dead" day as far as vending int he Spring for us for a number of years. However, I will be there on Sat for Fall Carlisle and hopefully sell some more junk!